Campy Bora Wheel Truing

Karl

Guest
Anyone know which tool I need to true an old Campy Bora wheel? This one has the old all carbon rim,
no AL braking surface, and was built before the time of straight pull spokes, I think it is ~97
vintage but am not sure, I bought it used. I have gotten 2 answers from 2 reputable sources so I'm a
little confused and don't want to hunt all over for the wrong tool. The Campy site shows a special
tool that is not what my (very experienced) LBS said would work. A second very reliable shop
directed me to a tool that Lew wheels had but I don't even think they are in biz anymore they were
bought out.

TIA, Karl

"Karl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Anyone know which tool I need to true an old Campy Bora wheel? This one has the old all carbon
> rim, no AL braking surface, and was built before the time of straight pull spokes, I think it is
> ~97 vintage but am not sure, I bought it used. I have gotten 2 answers from 2 reputable sources so
> I'm a little confused and don't want to hunt all over for the wrong tool. The Campy site shows a
> special tool that is not what my (very experienced) LBS said would work. A second very reliable
> shop directed me to a tool that Lew wheels had but I don't even think they are in biz anymore they
> were bought out.

It's a nut driver but I forgot whether it's 5mm or 5.5mm. A good hardware store will have both.

KKretzel-<< Anyone know which tool I need to true an old Campy Bora wheel?

T handled tool that has a 4 sided section that fits the nipple, which is really just an inverted
nipple-Got mine from Ochsner-

<< I have gotten 2 answers from 2 reputable sources so I'm a little confused and don't want to hunt
all over for the wrong tool.

I have one that I'll sell ya-

Nimble also has a tool that'l work-

Andy-<< It's a nut driver but I forgot whether it's 5mm or 5.5mm. A good hardware store will
have both.

Not a nut driver like the 5.5mm of Shamals and others but a thin t handled tool that fits over the
inverted standard size nipple-used on only Boras of the time and now Nimble and LEW-