Campy Bora Wheel Truing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Karl, Mar 7, 2003.

  1. Karl

    Karl Guest

    Anyone know which tool I need to true an old Campy Bora wheel? This one has the old all carbon rim,
    no AL braking surface, and was built before the time of straight pull spokes, I think it is ~97
    vintage but am not sure, I bought it used. I have gotten 2 answers from 2 reputable sources so I'm a
    little confused and don't want to hunt all over for the wrong tool. The Campy site shows a special
    tool that is not what my (very experienced) LBS said would work. A second very reliable shop
    directed me to a tool that Lew wheels had but I don't even think they are in biz anymore they were
    bought out.

    TIA, Karl

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Karl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Anyone know which tool I need to true an old Campy Bora wheel? This one has the old all carbon
    > rim, no AL braking surface, and was built before the time of straight pull spokes, I think it is
    > ~97 vintage but am not sure, I bought it used. I have gotten 2 answers from 2 reputable sources so
    > I'm a little confused and don't want to hunt all over for the wrong tool. The Campy site shows a
    > special tool that is not what my (very experienced) LBS said would work. A second very reliable
    > shop directed me to a tool that Lew wheels had but I don't even think they are in biz anymore they
    > were bought out.

    It's a nut driver but I forgot whether it's 5mm or 5.5mm. A good hardware store will have both.

  3. KKretzel-<< Anyone know which tool I need to true an old Campy Bora wheel?

    T handled tool that has a 4 sided section that fits the nipple, which is really just an inverted
    nipple-Got mine from Ochsner-

    << I have gotten 2 answers from 2 reputable sources so I'm a little confused and don't want to hunt
    all over for the wrong tool.

    I have one that I'll sell ya-

    Nimble also has a tool that'l work-

  4. Andy-<< It's a nut driver but I forgot whether it's 5mm or 5.5mm. A good hardware store will
    have both.

    Not a nut driver like the 5.5mm of Shamals and others but a thin t handled tool that fits over the
    inverted standard size nipple-used on only Boras of the time and now Nimble and LEW-