Campy brake cable outers and casing end caps???

vintage

Guest
I'm building up a bike with Campy and have the record cable kit. Now the
two gear cables already have metal end caps on them. Easy.

The pack contains other end caps but none of them fit the actual brake cable
housing that the frame wants to route the rear brake.

Is there any trick to it?? Surely with a record cable pack everything would
fit just fine.

vintage wrote:
> I'm building up a bike with Campy and have the record cable kit. Now the
> two gear cables already have metal end caps on them. Easy.
>
> The pack contains other end caps but none of them fit the actual brake cable
> housing that the frame wants to route the rear brake.
>
> Is there any trick to it?? Surely with a record cable pack everything would
> fit just fine.

Campag cable kits previously do not include ferrules for the brake
housing and do NOT need a ferrule in the ERGO lever since 1998..Newer
kits do have some brake housing ferrules BUT do not use in the ERGO
lever-just find some 5mm ferrules if you need to use a split housing
for the rear brake, on the frame.

vintage wrote:
> I'm building up a bike with Campy and have the record cable kit. Now the
> two gear cables already have metal end caps on them. Easy.
>
> The pack contains other end caps but none of them fit the actual brake cable
> housing that the frame wants to route the rear brake.
>
> Is there any trick to it?? Surely with a record cable pack everything would
> fit just fine.

I did not discover any tricks when I tried to get the included
Campagnolo ferrules to work on the Campagnolo housing. Would not fit.
Seemed a bit bizarre to me too. I think I managed to get some old 1998
Campganolo ferrules to fit on a few of the housings with much effort.
Other housing ends I just left uncovered. Bought some ferrules at the
local bike shop. Did not fit either.