Campy Brake Question

PeterF

Sep 13, 2004
Can I use a set of pre-2000 Campy shoes/pads on my 2004 Record calipers? I need new pads and before shelling out $35, I would like to use a set of the old shoes/pads that I have with almost 0 miles on them.

Thank you.

alfeng

Jul 23, 2005
PeterF said:
Can I use a set of pre-2000 Campy shoes/pads on my 2004 Record calipers? I need new pads and before shelling out $35, I would like to use a set of the old shoes/pads that I have with almost 0 miles on them.
While the older pads won't fit in the 'contemporary', 2004 brake's holders/shoes because they are, AFAIK, slightly curved, you could certainly use both the pre-2000 holder-and-pad on your newer calipers ...

Heck, if you didn't care how it looked, you could mount some 70's vintage Nuovo Record (type) brake pads in the calipers.

Dec 30, 2007
PeterF said:

Thank you.

The older so called '9s' brake blocks will not fit into the '10s' holders. If you have the whole. I you have the whole assembly, pad and holder, just bolt them on.

PeterF

Sep 13, 2004
The older so called '9s' brake blocks will not fit into the '10s' holders. If you have the whole. I you have the whole assembly, pad and holder, just bolt them on.
Thanks Guys, I had the holders and the blocks, and installed them last night. They seemed fine and I could even them toe them in to my liking. Will ride tomorrow, to test them but I suspect they will be fine. Thanks again.