Campy Cassette body?

pete88

Feb 27, 2007
What's the difference betwen a campy ED10 cassette body and a campy M10 cassette body. I have and ED10 with a cycle dynamics 12-25 cassette, and it seems that there are to many gears on the cassette. When I place the casssette on the body, it seems like it goes a bit past the end of the body. Is this normal? or do I need the M10 cassette body? This is my first road bike build, not familiar with campy! Thank you for your help.

Peter

pete88 said:
What's the difference betwen a campy ED10 cassette body and a campy M10 cassette body. I have and ED10 with a cycle dynamics 12-25 cassette, and it seems that there are to many gears on the cassette. When I place the casssette on the body, it seems like it goes a bit past the end of the body. Is this normal? or do I need the M10 cassette body? This is my first road bike build, not familiar with campy! Thank you for your help.

Peter
Yes, the smallest cog of the cassette will overhang the freehub body slightly. The lockring threads fit into the freehub and will tighten everything down.

M10 is the Mavic notation for a Shimano compatible 10s freehub. For Campagnolo, you want the ED10 which is the Mavic notation for Campy exa-drive (9s or 10s) cassettes.

John, thank you so much for your help. Thanks for the info, I was about to send the new freehub back! Thanks again
John M said:
Yes, the smallest cog of the cassette will overhang the freehub body slightly. The lockring threads fit into the freehub and will tighten everything down.

M10 is the Mavic notation for a Shimano compatible 10s freehub. For Campagnolo, you want the ED10 which is the Mavic notation for Campy exa-drive (9s or 10s) cassettes.