campy cassette tooth bent outboard???

teamgomez

Aug 23, 2005
Quick que for new campy wannabe-

Checked out a local steed and both the 11 tooth and 12 tooth cogs on the cassette have one tooth that is 'bent' outboard...don't know if this resulted from a previous incident or is by design. Can anybody attach a photo of their cassette with a photo of the tooth that is bent 'outboard' to the greatest degree or give me a heads-up that one tooth on each cog should be canted outboard? Thx!

I will check later when I get home (am at work now), but yes, from what I recall all my Campy cassettes have one tooth on each cog which appears bent. It's supposedly for smoother faster shifting.

teamgomez said:
Quick que for new campy wannabe-

Checked out a local steed and both the 11 tooth and 12 tooth cogs on the cassette have one tooth that is 'bent' outboard...don't know if this resulted from a previous incident or is by design. Can anybody attach a photo of their cassette with a photo of the tooth that is bent 'outboard' to the greatest degree or give me a heads-up that one tooth on each cog should be canted outboard? Thx!

Normal. A 'giveup window', allowing for better shifts under load. A 'to higher gear' feature ala the ramps and such for going to a lower gear.