Campy Chorus Vs. Record

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by stric, Jun 28, 2003.

1. stric

stric New Member

Hello,
    Can soeone explain to me the main differences between Campagnolo Chorus and Record groups. As far as I understant, Chorus doesn't utilize carbon-fiber, whereas Record does. Are there any other significant differences (quality, reliability, etc) except for the materials used and weight?
    Thanks.

Tags:

2. jeanremi

jeanremi New Member

Not much difference between campy record and chorus except for 1/The price 2/that record is a little lighter, but insignifantly so and 3/ Beware of record hood levers, very costly to replace and they frittle easily enough.
    As for the performance it is exactly the same, that's to say good campy stuff if installed rightly( watch out on fine tuning the derailleur rear from the fifth pignon down on both brackets) and that you don't have a bum series.
    BTW, beware if you buy the Ergobrain computer as it 1/It jumps out of it's holder(on the hbars) over bumps in the road and2/ THe sensors on the hoods do not transmet once the hoods are tightened on the hbars.
    All the best have a good ride
    J-R

3. idealhilton

idealhilton New Member

if you visit www.campyonly.com they have images up of 2004 Chorus which looks like getting the Record Carbon chainset. This is quite a common technique with Campy instead of retiring a product it sometimes gets dropped to the next gruppo.

If you can afford Record buy it , bear in mind compared to Shimano Chorus is like Dura Ace & Centaur is more alike to Ultegra. Mirage/Veloce -Tiagra/105.

4. ajo

ajo New Member

Brakes = equal, but a few titan bolts on Record saving a few gram.
    Brake/gear levers & rear deralliur = equal, except a bit carbon and titan on Record saving a few gram. (And we don't know how many years the carbon parts lasts - the campa alu parts lasts for ever.)
    Front deralliur: One extra adjustment om Record (don't know what it does - my Chorus works perfect), record 2 grams heavier.
    BB: Completely different, Record with 3 bearings, lighter, carbon shell etc.
    Crank arms: Record lighter, different right arm construction.
    Except the weight, I don't think anybody will notice any functional difference - and Chorus might lasts longer. Both are much better than DuraAce.

5. JohnO

JohnO New Member

That's what I found - for the most part, Record got you titanium instead of steel, carbon fiber instead of aluminum. A little bit lighter, but no extra functionality.

BB does have an extra bearing, with the pedals it's titanium shaft instead of steel.

Note that when you go from Chorus to Daytona on the pedals, you lose a bearing.