Campy Clothing

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by angrydave, Jun 24, 2004.

1. angrydave

angrydave New Member

I just bought some Campy shorts (the project one metal series) honestly only because they were onsale, my Izumi's have been magnificent. I have to say that they are one damn nice piece of equipment. Easily the equal to my Izumi's, possibly better (durability?) the ventilated legs seriously help down here in Texas, and the chamois really does work. If anyone is looking, I highly recomend them.

Dave

Tags:

2. Rompinrhino

Rompinrhino New Member

Dude, same thing here. I bought some, and their my best bibs. The leg vents are amazing for keeping you cool on those hot days, and the chammy is amazing.

3. MidBunchLurker

MidBunchLurker New Member

I've got a Campy metal series rain jacket - also outstanding. Awesome quality and breathes very well even though the fabric feels quite heavy.

4. gubaguba

gubaguba New Member

I would expect nothing less. You may have your preferances in components. I have never heard that Campagnolo makes bad stuff. Wish I could find some on sale.

5. Aztec

Aztec New Member

I have a long sleeve, kinda fleece, jersey. It fits great, feels great. None of that overly baggy midsection like so many others.

6. eric_the_red

eric_the_red New Member

Will they be compatible with my Shimano shoes :D

7. gubaguba

gubaguba New Member

Since I use both parts on my bikes I thought I need to get a shimano jersey cut it in half and sew it together with a half from my campagnolo logo jersey.

8. angrydave

angrydave New Member

Not without an adapter. You can get it at almost any bike shop.

9. melvyng

melvyng New Member

bicyclinghub.com has a few items, the winter jerseys and the bib shorts. I also have Campy summer and winter gloves, a rain jacket and vest. All good stuff but I do have a few criticisims. The bib on the shorts is rather high so it makes pit stops difficult, couldn't pull it down far enough to whip out my wanger. I had a seamstress modify them and they're fine now. The long sleeve jerseys feel great, nice fit and material but the rear pockets could be larger. The gloves are awesome, I like them better than Assos even and the Kevlar palms are great for rubbing debris off the tires without wearing out the gloves.

I got a few items from Bikeman.com and Cbike.com as well as bicyclinghub.com.

Mel ;)