Campy compact FD on 53x39 crankset

SJB

Guest
I'm in the process of collecting parts to make some changes to my Campy
triple drive train.
I'm not sure if I'll go with a compact or standard drive train.
I have a chance to buy a compact FD for a good price. Are there any
disadvantages to using a compact FD with a 53x39 crankset?

SJB wrote:
> I'm in the process of collecting parts to make some changes to my Campy
> triple drive train.
> I'm not sure if I'll go with a compact or standard drive train.
> I have a chance to buy a compact FD for a good price. Are there any
> disadvantages to using a compact FD with a 53x39 crankset?

Nope..not with Campag shifters, even the 2007 Centaur/Veloce/Mirage.