campy crank compatibility

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Erik Dietz, Apr 9, 2003.

  1. Erik Dietz

    Erik Dietz Guest

    Hi,

    I'm going to switch over from my mix of campy 8 speed stuff to 10 speed and was wondering about the
    crank compatibility. Specifically, I have an older model Chorus crank (circa 1991/1992) mounted to a
    newer model campy daytona bottom bracket and front der. I was wondering if this set up would work if
    I added chorus 10-speed rear der and shifters. Can I just get a 10-speed big ring for the crankset,
    or is it too out of date. Thanks in advance for any help.

    -Erik Dietz

    Tags:

  2. edietz-<< I'm going to switch over from my mix of campy 8 speed stuff to 10 speed and was wondering
    about the crank compatibility. << Specifically, I have an older model Chorus crank (circa 1991/1992)
    mounted to a newer model campy daytona bottom bracket and front der.

    << I was wondering if this set up would work if I added chorus 10-speed rear der and shifters.

    Yes, no changes needed to the crank or fder...no need for a 10s chainring as well..it'll work great
    with the present rings...but if ya gotta have a 10s ring, it will fit onto your 1991/2 crank
    arms(135mm BCD)-

  3. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    > edietz-<< I'm going to switch over from my mix of campy 8 speed stuff to
    10
    > speed and was wondering about the crank compatibility. << Specifically, I have an older model
    > Chorus crank (circa 1991/1992) mounted to a newer model campy
    daytona
    > bottom bracket and front der.
    >

    > << I was wondering if this set up would work if I added chorus 10-speed rear der and shifters.
    >
    > Yes, no changes needed to the crank or fder...no need for a 10s chainring
    as
    > well..it'll work great with the present rings...but if ya gotta have a 10s ring, it will fit onto
    > your 1991/2 crank arms(135mm BCD)-

    Hey Peter - what do you make of this? TA chainrings (outer "9sp" and middle "9/10sp") on a Sierra
    triple crank 130bcd, installed on Campag 3x10.
    52/42/30. The chain would ride up onto and over the outer ring. The only way I could fix it was to
    install Ultegra rings. Viola, no shifting problem.

    Robin Hubert