campy crank compatibility

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Erik Dietz, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Dietz

Erik Dietz Guest

Hi,

I'm going to switch over from my mix of campy 8 speed stuff to 10 speed and was wondering about the
    crank compatibility. Specifically, I have an older model Chorus crank (circa 1991/1992) mounted to a
    newer model campy daytona bottom bracket and front der. I was wondering if this set up would work if
    I added chorus 10-speed rear der and shifters. Can I just get a 10-speed big ring for the crankset,
    or is it too out of date. Thanks in advance for any help.

-Erik Dietz

Tags:

2. edietz-<< I'm going to switch over from my mix of campy 8 speed stuff to 10 speed and was wondering
    about the crank compatibility. << Specifically, I have an older model Chorus crank (circa 1991/1992)
    mounted to a newer model campy daytona bottom bracket and front der.

<< I was wondering if this set up would work if I added chorus 10-speed rear der and shifters.

Yes, no changes needed to the crank or fder...no need for a 10s chainring as well..it'll work great
    with the present rings...but if ya gotta have a 10s ring, it will fit onto your 1991/2 crank
    arms(135mm BCD)-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. Robin Hubert

Robin Hubert Guest

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > edietz-<< I'm going to switch over from my mix of campy 8 speed stuff to
    > speed and was wondering about the crank compatibility. << Specifically, I have an older model
    > Chorus crank (circa 1991/1992) mounted to a newer model campy
    daytona
    > bottom bracket and front der.
    >
    >
    > << I was wondering if this set up would work if I added chorus 10-speed rear der and shifters.
    >
    > Yes, no changes needed to the crank or fder...no need for a 10s chainring
    as
    > well..it'll work great with the present rings...but if ya gotta have a 10s ring, it will fit onto
    > your 1991/2 crank arms(135mm BCD)-
    >
    >

Hey Peter - what do you make of this? TA chainrings (outer "9sp" and middle "9/10sp") on a Sierra
    triple crank 130bcd, installed on Campag 3x10.
    52/42/30. The chain would ride up onto and over the outer ring. The only way I could fix it was to
    install Ultegra rings. Viola, no shifting problem.

Robin Hubert

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.