Campy crankset bottom bracket question

Steve Braun

Guest
I have a new (2005) 111mm Centaur BB on which is mounted a Campy Racing
Triple.
Can mount any Campy double crankset on this BB? I'm especially wondering
about the Chorus cranks which are "supposed" to be used with 102mm BBs.

Thanks

Steve Braun wrote:
> I have a new (2005) 111mm Centaur BB on which is mounted a Campy Racing
> Triple.
> Can mount any Campy double crankset on this BB? I'm especially wondering
> about the Chorus cranks which are "supposed" to be used with 102mm BBs.
>
> Thanks

http://www.campagnolo.com/newprodc.php Click and read.

You can use Centaur, Racing Triple, Veloce, Mirage, and Xenon double
cranks, as well as some Pre-'95 stuff (though you probably aren't
talking about this) with 111mm symmetric bb. '95 and later Record and
Chorus doubles require a 102mm Campagnolo taper. Chorus and Record
triples require a 111mm asymmetric (why?!?) and the other triples
sometimes need the 115.5mm (oversized seat tubes, chainstay clearance
issues).

Yee ha.

Robin Hubert

Steve Braun wrote:
> I have a new (2005) 111mm Centaur BB on which is mounted a Campy
> Racing Triple.
> Can mount any Campy double crankset on this BB? I'm especially
> wondering about the Chorus cranks which are "supposed" to be used
> with 102mm BBs.

If you want your feet and chain 4.5mm further out, you can fit Chorus or
Record double cranks.

Double Centaur/Daytona/Veloce/Mirage/Xenon cranks are designed for 111mm,
as well as triples.

~PB

Steve Braun wrote:
> I have a new (2005) 111mm Centaur BB on which is mounted a Campy Racing
> Triple.
> Can mount any Campy double crankset on this BB? I'm especially wondering
> about the Chorus cranks which are "supposed" to be used with 102mm BBs.
>
> Thanks

Centaur and below use the 111mm spndle. A Chorus or Record double will
have poor chainline and poor fd action...use the 1-2...not expensive in
Chorus.

Steve Braun wrote:

> I have a new (2005) 111mm Centaur BB on which is mounted a Campy Racing
> Triple.
> Can mount any Campy double crankset on this BB? I'm especially wondering
> about the Chorus cranks which are "supposed" to be used with 102mm BBs.

There are two series of Campagnolo crank.
MIR-VEL-CEN-DAY use the 111 spindle, double or triple.

CHR-REC cranks are cold forged and made for the 102 spindle.
(CHR-REC triples use an asymmetric 111 spindle)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org