Campy DT cable guide - French sizing ?

still me

Guest
Did Campy make versions of the DT cable guide specifically to fit
French tubes? Or did they just make one size fits all?

On May 28, 5:03 pm, still me <[email protected]> wrote:
> Did Campy make versions of the DT cable guide specifically to fit
> French tubes? Or did they just make one size fits all?

I think for those, one size pretty much does fit all; at least, I was
able to use one I had lying around on the Peugeot PR-10 I built up for
my brother. Same thing with the FD. I've never used a 1 1/8" FD that I
had to shim up to use on a 28mm Seat Tube.

The top-tube cable guides, on the other hand, do need to be French.
I'd tried some Shimanos I found, and they were WAY too small, so I
used zip-ties until I tracked down a set of Hurets.