Campy ergo 10/Shimano Dura Ace 10 Rear Wheel Question.

Tom Nakashima

Guest
How is the compatibility of a rear wheel/cassette off a Shimano Dura Ace 10
STI and Campagnolo 10sp Ergo wheel/cassette? Will the two be interchangeable
and work with either drivetrain?
-tom

tom-<< How is the compatibility of a rear wheel/cassette off a Shimano Dura Ace
10
STI and Campagnolo 10sp Ergo wheel/cassette? Will the two be interchangeable
and work with either drivetrain? >><BR><BR>

We just tried this, and it works fine. Also the opposite, shimano cogset and
Campagnolo 10s drivetrain.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> tom-<< How is the compatibility of a rear wheel/cassette off a Shimano

Dura Ace
> 10
> STI and Campagnolo 10sp Ergo wheel/cassette? Will the two be

interchangeable
> and work with either drivetrain? >><BR><BR>
>
> We just tried this, and it works fine. Also the opposite, shimano cogset

and
> Campagnolo 10s drivetrain.
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thanks Peter,
I thought it might work!
-tom

tom-<< I thought it might work! >><BR><BR>

Must drive the boys ands girls from the two companies nutz that something is
cross compatible.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

"Qui si parla Campagnolo " <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> tom-<< I thought it might work! >><BR><BR>
>
> Must drive the boys ands girls from the two companies nutz that something

is
> cross compatible.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing,
Sometimes mistakes happen,
I could just hear them now:

"How in the hell did we ever make something compatible with
Campagnolo?" -Add Japanese accent.
"How in the hell did we ever make something compatible with Shimano?" -Add
Italian accent
-tom

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> tom-<< I thought it might work! >><BR><BR>
>
> Must drive the boys ands girls from the two companies nutz that something is
> cross compatible.
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Is this cross compatibility as good as it is between the 9-speed
cogsets? Per Peter's recommendation, I run a Shimano 9 cogset with
Campy shifters and deraileurs with no great difficulty. Is 10 as good
or better?

AK

Andrew Karre <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is this cross compatibility as good as it is between the 9-speed
> cogsets? Per Peter's recommendation, I run a Shimano 9 cogset with
> Campy shifters and deraileurs with no great difficulty. Is 10 as good
> or better?

ymmv on the 9sp compat. may really vary actually. it was intolerably bad
for me .. i eventually built up a 9sp compag rear wheel.
--
david reuteler
[email protected]

I have Campy 10 everything and a Dura ace 10 wheelset. I couldn't tell the
difference between that and my Campy 10 wheels.
Eric

David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> ymmv on the 9sp compat. may really vary actually. it was intolerably bad
> for me .. i eventually built up a 9sp compag rear wheel.

Not from actual experience but you should use a Shimano chain for the
best operation, shifts better, thinner/more flexible, "no" noise, cost
less, ..

Richard Chan <[email protected]> wrote:

> David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<411912c3$0$65608$a1866
> [email protected]>...
>
>> ymmv on the 9sp compat. may really vary actually. it was intolerably bad
>> for me .. i eventually built up a 9sp compag rear wheel.

> Not from actual experience but you should use a Shimano chain for the
> best operation, shifts better, thinner/more flexible, "no" noise, cost
> less, ..

i ran a shimano chain .. i even put in pop can shims on the smaller cogs
which worked a bit i suppose but i could never get the smaller cogs to
stop skipping. campag works fine and with an sram chain. happy dave.

ymmv certainly applies to mixing. i think some people just have lower
tolerances.
--
david reuteler
[email protected]

On 10 Aug 2004 13:21:43 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla
Campagnolo ) wrote:

>tom-<< How is the compatibility of a rear wheel/cassette off a Shimano Dura Ace
>10
>STI and Campagnolo 10sp Ergo wheel/cassette? Will the two be interchangeable
>and work with either drivetrain? >><BR><BR>
>
>We just tried this, and it works fine. Also the opposite, shimano cogset and
>Campagnolo 10s drivetrain.

Thanks.

JT

andrew-<< Is this cross compatibility as good as it is between the 9-speed
cogsets? >><BR><BR>

Well, the differences between cog ctr to center is less with 10s-10s cogsets.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302