Campy Ergo and Der w/Shimano 10 speed cass?

FasTrack

Guest
Has anyone tried using Campy shifters,and rear der with a Shimano 10
speed cassettes? I have some Power Tap wheels for Campy riders but
American Classic 10 cassettes are hard to find...

Thanks

Dave

fastrak-<< Has anyone tried using Campy shifters,and rear der with a Shimano 10
speed cassettes? I have some Power Tap wheels for Campy riders but
American Classic 10 cassettes are hard to find... >><BR><BR>

yep and they are cross compatible each way. You can also use an American
Classic cogset as well on the powertap...less sticker shock than the DA.

AC hard to find?? don't get this, easily available from many
suppliers..methinks I smell a lazy bike shop!!

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

<< AC hard to find?? don't get this, easily available from many
suppliers..methinks I smell a lazy bike shop!! >><BR><BR>

Publicly apologize to fastrak, as he is a bike shop, something that I
overlooked. Thought he was a customer....

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

On 11/12/2004 07:22 AM, in article
[email protected], "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> << AC hard to find?? don't get this, easily available from many
> suppliers..methinks I smell a lazy bike shop!! >><BR><BR>
>
> Publicly apologize to fastrak, as he is a bike shop, something that I
> overlooked. Thought he was a customer....

Did Peter just get spanked by Dave?

--
Steven L. Sheffield
stevens at veloworks dot com

Steven writes-"<< Did Peter just get spanked by Dave?
>><BR><BR>

I answered-"Nope, not spanked but he pointed put he was the 'bike shop' and I
agree he is NOT lazy, in spite of the fact that most seem to be"

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo ) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Steven writes-"<< Did Peter just get spanked by Dave?
> >><BR><BR>

> I answered-"Nope, not spanked but he pointed put he was the 'bike shop' and I
> agree he is NOT lazy, in spite of the fact that most seem to be"
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

I get this a lot & not just @ bike shops. The seller says it does not
exist. I point out its existence, in say, just for example, the QBP
consumer cat. & they go "uugggh, uugggh, I dinna no dat". What they
mean is it doesn't exist in there system.
John

John McGraw wrote:
> I get this a lot & not just @ bike shops. The seller says it does not
> exist. I point out its existence, in say, just for example, the QBP
> consumer cat. & they go "uugggh, uugggh, I dinna no dat". What they
> mean is it doesn't exist in there system.

I understand you, you're right and that's a real problem.
Some,like 27 inch tires, leave one dumbfounded as there are
25~30 models readily available, yet many shops stock none.

But not every 'available' item on a distributor's webpage (
or worse, a manufacturer's list) actually exists.

A manufacturers and distributors often list every size
chainring in every color. Until actually ordered in some
quantity, some remain putative. Manufacturers don't have
warehouses filled with 43t rings in pink waiting for your
call. 20% of the saddles in Brooks' catalog don't exist and
will never be made again.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org