Campy ergo hood question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Feb 25, 2006.

  1. I just bought replacement hoods for old style ergos (i.e. pointy hood).
    It came in packaging labeled EC-ST500 and Avanti. I took the hoods out
    only to find there's no slit where the thumb lever goes. The shape
    looks nearly identical to the hoods on my Athena 8, but there's no
    slit! Anyone knows what I'm dealing with? Was the content in the wrong
    package or did I just get the wrong product? Real confused...

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] wrote:
    > I just bought replacement hoods for old style ergos (i.e. pointy hood).
    > It came in packaging labeled EC-ST500 and Avanti. I took the hoods out
    > only to find there's no slit where the thumb lever goes. The shape
    > looks nearly identical to the hoods on my Athena 8, but there's no
    > slit! Anyone knows what I'm dealing with? Was the content in the wrong
    > package or did I just get the wrong product? Real confused...

    Wrong product. Those hoods were for a short lived ERGO with an
    integrated thumb button that was actually part of the shift levere-it
    didn't come out of the side ala the other levers. We have the proper
    hoods, EC-RE-222/323-$35 per set

  3. OK. Thanks Peter. Do you know if these hoods will at all fit the old
    8sp ergos? I don't mind trying to make a slit myself, as long as
    they'll fit.

  4. [email protected] wrote:
    > OK. Thanks Peter. Do you know if these hoods will at all fit the old
    > 8sp ergos? I don't mind trying to make a slit myself, as long as
    > they'll fit.

    I have never tried to use those with 'standard' ERGOs. Cannot contact
    the seller to say that they are the wrong ones?

  5. No. It was a final sale. No returns. I'll just have to put'em in the
    parts bin or put'em up on ebay. No biggie. At 15$ I'm not going to
    complain for my error. If I only make these 15$ mistakes in my life,
    I'll be happy. (Parking tickets 40$, speeding 120$+, losing wallet....)