Campy Ergo Levers - ID please

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Dave Mayer, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Dave Mayer

    Dave Mayer Guest

    Please help me ID the following 8-speed Ergopower levers:

    I' guessing that these are about 7 years old. The bodies are plastic. There is no lettering or
    designations on the levers or the fronts of the bodies. The shifter paddles are covered with a
    molded black plastic.

    Thanks!

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    > > "Dave Mayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:eek:[email protected]...
    > > > Please help me ID the following 8-speed Ergopower levers: I' guessing that these are about 7
    > > > years old. The bodies are plastic. There is no lettering or designations on the levers or the
    > > > fronts of
    the
    > > > bodies. The shifter paddles are covered with a molded black plastic.

    > > I ([email protected]) suggested: Pointy-hood Mirage or Avanti eight speed?

    "Dave Mayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yep, these have the older pointy hoods. The shift levers are black
    painted
    > steel covered with black plastic molded into the final paddle shape.
    >
    > Any chance that these could be Athena? If I had the 1995 Campy Spare parts catalog I could figure
    > this out.
    Anyone
    > have the PDF file for Ergopower levers? (I have every year from 1996 on.)

    OK, here is the 1995 tech manual for those: http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/ERGO95.JPG

    I could not locate the color catalog from that year. (I'm a lousy librarian )

    In the 1994 book, Athena uses a nylon main shift lever.

    In the 1995 book that lever is a Chorus (aluminum) part (#EC-CH028, EC-CH029.

    The 1995 Veloce, Mirage and Avanti shifters all have their own part number for the Ergo main shift
    lever, which ,IIRC, is nylon.

    And here's the last time this year I will beat this dead horse: It sure would be nice if someone
    besides Shimano (Hey, you listening there in Vicenza?) showed a little consideration and marked
    their products with the model number on the part. A Shimano shifter is either an ST-6500 or an
    ST-6501 and you don't have to guess which because the number is molded into the lever!