Campy ergo levers, what year are these?

kervin

Oct 22, 2003
I need a little help figureing out what year these 9s Campy ergo levers are. Since they are 9 speed, I pretty sure they are between 97 and 2000. Anyone know what year they went to the carbon brake and shift levers? I have these for sale and I've gotten about 10 question asking about the year.

Ergo levers on ebay

kervin said:
I need a little help figureing out what year these 9s Campy ergo levers are. Since they are 9 speed, I pretty sure they are between 97 and 2000. Anyone know what year they went to the carbon brake and shift levers? I have these for sale and I've gotten about 10 question asking about the year.

Ergo levers on ebay
my guess is '98. i have a set of chorus from the same year and i am quite sure that the carbon model came in in '99. Also the '98 model didn't have the ergobrain buttons (which yours dont appear to have either) so that would make yours at latest '98. From memory the first 9 speed versions came in '97 (which u stated) but these were the old/retro shape with the pointy tops on the hoods. The new shape came in in '98 so from my deductions i think you are dealing with 1998 model shifters. (no guarantees but i think i am right)