Campy Ergo Shifter Grease?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by andy, Dec 22, 2005.

  1. andy

    andy Guest

    What grease should I use when rebuilding campy ergo shifters (centaur 10s).
    I assume the original grease is a campagnolo product but was wondering if I
    could substitute something on hand or more common such as pedros syn grease.
    Thanx in advance.
    Andy

    Tags:

  2. D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy Guest

    <snip q: re ergo grease>

    Don't know whether this is appropriate/recommended but I use lithium
    grease. Seems to work fine. I have also used bearing grease (Park
    polylube) and that works fine too, again, don't know whether it is
    appropriate/recommended.

    BTW, just wondering: what has been your experience with doing these
    rebuilds? My initial attempt took about an hour and a half 'cuz I had
    to do it twice (made a mistake which I discovered after all done) and
    now it is about 15-20 minutes per, after doing it five times (two old
    pointy rebuilds for my brother, three for me due to crashes).

    D'ohBoy

    D'ohBoy

  3. andy wrote:
    > What grease should I use when rebuilding campy ergo shifters (centaur 10s).
    > I assume the original grease is a campagnolo product but was wondering if I
    > could substitute something on hand or more common such as pedros syn grease.
    > Thanx in advance.
    > Andy

    Remember that grease is oil in 'soap' and use any grease...Also take
    the front apart and clean/grease the front bushing as well...

    I use Miche-lithium, available from us and very Campagnolo-esque...also
    use Pedros since it is hooked to my grease gun tip...