Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

campy ergopower repair

Started by dsops00 · · Last activity · 4 posts · 1,210 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 June 2004
Last activity
3 June 2004
Original author
dsops00
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,210
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I took a spill with my new bike and cracked the left brake lever just under the hood where the lever attaches to the part under the hood (?) On the Campy site its part EC-DA032. Is there a way to glue or epoxy this crack, or do I need to replace? Its a Mirage9s ergopower brake/shift lever.

  2. Dude, it's a mirage ergopower.... I think it's meant to be replaced. Please don't try and fix it, doubt it would work anyways.

    Ciao,
    Sean

  3. Unlike Shimano, you can buy campag spare parts so that everything i replaceable. However a shifter is not something for the faint hearted (have you ever tried to take a watch apart?). I'd investigate the cost of repair with the LBS agains the cost of a new ergo power. If you were going to do it yourself, you should probably get a new lever (though if you want to learn this is the perfect oportunity!)

  4. I disagree with the statement the internals are like a watch. I've replaced g-springs in my levers and recently upgraded the index cog from 8 to 9sp. it was a piece of cake. As long as you pay attention to what goes where, it's really not that hard. A little dab of grease can help to hold washers and springs in place if they should move when you're trying to put it back together. My (used to be) 8 sp record levers are now over 8 years old and work just fine. And i have fallen on them a few times. It can help if you have the exploded parts diagrams. There's also a set of seperate maintenance instructions that Campy publishes. I almost bought this from Brandford but decided to try it without.

    -John Erhardt

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.