campy ergopower repair

dsops00

Jun 2, 2004
I took a spill with my new bike and cracked the left brake lever just under the hood where the lever attaches to the part under the hood (?) On the Campy site its part EC-DA032. Is there a way to glue or epoxy this crack, or do I need to replace? Its a Mirage9s ergopower brake/shift lever.

Dude, it's a mirage ergopower.... I think it's meant to be replaced. Please don't try and fix it, doubt it would work anyways.

Ciao,
Sean

Unlike Shimano, you can buy campag spare parts so that everything i replaceable. However a shifter is not something for the faint hearted (have you ever tried to take a watch apart?). I'd investigate the cost of repair with the LBS agains the cost of a new ergo power. If you were going to do it yourself, you should probably get a new lever (though if you want to learn this is the perfect oportunity!)

I disagree with the statement the internals are like a watch. I've replaced g-springs in my levers and recently upgraded the index cog from 8 to 9sp. it was a piece of cake. As long as you pay attention to what goes where, it's really not that hard. A little dab of grease can help to hold washers and springs in place if they should move when you're trying to put it back together. My (used to be) 8 sp record levers are now over 8 years old and work just fine. And i have fallen on them a few times. It can help if you have the exploded parts diagrams. There's also a set of seperate maintenance instructions that Campy publishes. I almost bought this from Brandford but decided to try it without.

-John Erhardt