Campy Front Derailleur on a Lapierre

jknotzke

Guest
Hi,

I could use some advice on a recent purchase. I recently, that is
two days ago, bought this frame:

http://tinyurl.com/2tjfja

The 32mm Campy Chorus front dérailleur, did not come close to
fitting on the frame.

So, off to the Canadian Campy distributor to purchase a 35mm clamp
on dérailleur. Now this fits but not very smugly. At least nowhere
near as snug as on aluminium frame. I have to squeeze the clamps
together to get the bolt to start threading.

Now, being Uber worried that I will crimp the seat tube, I have
tightened it just enough so that the dérailleur does not move.

Everything works, the dérailleur performs perfectly does not
slip.

What has me worried though, is that the bolt does not thread
entirely through the nut. It makes it 3/4 of the way through. Should I
be worried about it stripping ?

I went to Shimano's website, since the bike was originally to be
shipped with Shimano and their dérailleurs appear to be 34.9 .. So
it's not the sizing.

What to do ?

Thanks

On Sep 22, 5:27 pm, jknotzke <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I could use some advice on a recent purchase. I recently, that is
> two days ago, bought this frame:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2tjfja
>
> The 32mm Campy Chorus front dérailleur, did not come close to
> fitting on the frame.
>
> So, off to the Canadian Campy distributor to purchase a 35mm clamp
> on dérailleur. Now this fits but not very smugly. At least nowhere
> near as snug as on aluminium frame. I have to squeeze the clamps
> together to get the bolt to start threading.
>
> Now, being Uber worried that I will crimp the seat tube, I have
> tightened it just enough so that the dérailleur does not move.
>
> Everything works, the dérailleur performs perfectly does not
> slip.
>
> What has me worried though, is that the bolt does not thread
> entirely through the nut. It makes it 3/4 of the way through. Should I
> be worried about it stripping ?

Don't do anything. FD works, not sliding or slipping and 3/4 of the
total thread is just fine...The FD is really 34.9..Campag just rounds
up, like their 31.8 is called 32, etc.

On Sep 23, 9:01 am, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Don't do anything. FD works, not sliding or slipping and 3/4 of the
> total thread is just fine...The FD is really 34.9..Campag just rounds
> up, like their 31.8 is called 32, etc.

I was hoping you'd reply.

Thanks for the info, that eases my mind.

Much appreciated.