Campy front derailleur with STI?

Mike Yankee

Guest
Anyone know whether a Campy front derailleur is compatible with Shimano
STI? I ask because Shimano front derailleurs (I'm running 8-sp Ultegra
on several bikes) are finicky to set up without chain rub, and I've
never had a problem in this regard with Campy (or, for that matter,
with older Shimano 600 FD's with a slightly wider cage).

"Mike Yankee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone know whether a Campy front derailleur is compatible with Shimano
> STI? I ask because Shimano front derailleurs (I'm running 8-sp Ultegra
> on several bikes) are finicky to set up without chain rub, and I've
> never had a problem in this regard with Campy (or, for that matter,
> with older Shimano 600 FD's with a slightly wider cage).

Mike - I am running a Record FD with a DA STI setup, so no worries!

Basjan

Mike Yankee wrote:
> Anyone know whether a Campy front derailleur is compatible with Shimano
> STI? I ask because Shimano front derailleurs (I'm running 8-sp Ultegra
> on several bikes) are finicky to set up without chain rub, and I've
> never had a problem in this regard with Campy (or, for that matter,
> with older Shimano 600 FD's with a slightly wider cage).

It is possible but not as well as a shimano FD. If yer getting chain
rub, Try mounting the inner wire underneath the cable fixing bolt for
shimano FD..necessary with 6400, ultegra 8s sti FDs.

Ergo has much better FD clearance than STI. Plus Ergo's cables are wrapped
against the bar instead of sticking out like some 1944 German night fighter.