Campy hubs using DA derailleur

MDCdale

Feb 2, 2004
Hello, I am new to this forum, sorry if this is something that has been covered in the past. I just got a great deal on a set of campy shamal hpw wheels and want to use them on a bike that has a shimano DA 9 spd rd. Any one have any sugestions for a cassette to use that will work on this setup?

Thanks ,
Scott

Originally posted by MDCdale
Hello, I am new to this forum, sorry if this is something that has been covered in the past. I just got a great deal on a set of campy shamal hpw wheels and want to use them on a bike that has a shimano DA 9 spd rd. Any one have any sugestions for a cassette to use that will work on this setup?

Thanks ,
Scott
There are aftemarket cassettes that are campy hub compatible with shimano spacing. www.excel sports or www.branfordbike.com Otherwise, if your shifters are also 9 speed shimano, just use a campy 9 cassette and even tho the spacing is a bit different, it works.

Originally posted by boudreaux
There are aftemarket cassettes that are campy hub compatible with shimano spacing. www.excel sports or www.branfordbike.com Otherwise, if your shifters are also 9 speed shimano, just use a campy 9 cassette and even tho the spacing is a bit different, it works.

Thanks for the info. I am using shimano DA bar end shifters as this is a tri bike. I am wondering what others who might be running a similar setup are using? As far as what I have seen at most of the online sites, is the sram are shimano hub compatible. I haven't seen any campy hub compatible cassettes - besides campy ones . So what does any one else out use in these type setups? If using the campy cassette work okay then I will run with that, or I could modify some shimano spacer and build a custom cassette. The weather here in Maryland really is keeping me from riding outdoors and putting it through a good test right now so I am just looking for ideas. Thanks.

Originally posted by MDCdale
Thanks for the info. I am using shimano DA bar end shifters as this is a tri bike. I am wondering what others who might be running a similar setup are using? As far as what I have seen at most of the online sites, is the sram are shimano hub compatible. I haven't seen any campy hub compatible cassettes - besides campy ones . So what does any one else out use in these type setups? If using the campy cassette work okay then I will run with that, or I could modify some shimano spacer and build a custom cassette. The weather here in Maryland really is keeping me from riding outdoors and putting it through a good test right now so I am just looking for ideas. Thanks.
Check the wheels manufacturing Shift 7 spacer kit at branfordbike.