campy leavers

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Sam Bixby, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Sam Bixby

    Sam Bixby Guest

    is there a model of campag leaver units that can be set-up to suit smaller hands?

    or

    can shimano leavers be used with campag drive chain

    many thanks

    panda

    Tags:

  2. sam-<< is there a model of campag lever units that can be set-up to suit smaller hands?

    Cannot adjust the reach but using a Terry handlebar or any non-anatomic(no bend in the drop portion)
    will move the lever closer to your hands.

  3. sam-<< can shimano leavers be used with campag drive chain

    No-must match the STI levers to front and rear ders(may work with a Campagnolo front but not a rear)

  4. Peter Vesel

    Peter Vesel Guest

    I have the same problem as you.

    What I have done to reduce the problem is put a large cable tie (zip tie?) down the inside of the
    brake lever with part of the cable tie sticking up out of the top. ie the cable tie runs parallel to
    the brake lever with a little bit stick out of the top to 'jam' between the brake lever and front
    part of the brake hood. The cable tie protrudes from the area you access the brake cable nipple.

    Once this is done the gear shift lever will foul on the rear of the brake lever. To fix this pull
    the shift lever toward the handlebars and thread a small cable tie through the metal loop that is
    exposed when the shift lever is pulled backwards. Run the small cable tie around the shift lever
    and tie up.

    This has reduced the reach on my bars by about 12mm. Beware you will need to adjust your brakes
    to compensate and the rims will need to be true as you have reduced the brake lever stroke. The
    wheel quick release is now activated by sliding the large cable tie up and out from behind the
    brake lever.

    I hope this description is OK as I don't have a camera to send a picture.

    Peter

    > sam-<< can shimano leavers be used with campag drive chain
    >
    > No-must match the STI levers to front and rear ders(may work with a
    Campagnolo
    > front but not a rear)

  5. H. Van Beek

    H. Van Beek Guest

  6. In my experience it's the rear derailleur that needs changing and not the cogs if you want to use a
    Shimano shifter. The cog space is pretty similar already.

    --Paul

    In article <[email protected]>,
    H. van Beek <[email protected]> wrote:
    >You can use the smaller Ultegra leavers ST-R600 for ladies and convert your Campa cassette to a
    >Shimano one. Very easy !http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog12.html
    >
    >"Sam Bixby" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> is there a model of campag leaver units that can be set-up to suit smaller hands?
    >>
    >> or
    >>
    >> can shimano leavers be used with campag drive chain
    >>
    >> many thanks
    >>
    >> panda

  7. H. Van Beek

    H. Van Beek Guest

    http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog12.html

    On the Branfordsite they say never change the shifters according to the derailleur. So Shimano
    shifters with Shimano rearderailleur and Campy shifters with Campyrearderailleur.

    "Paul Southworth" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:5eC_9.31524$A%[email protected]...

    > In my experience it's the rear derailleur that needs changing and not the cogs if you want to use
    > a Shimano shifter. The cog space is pretty similar already.
    >
    > --Paul
    >
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > H. van Beek <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >You can use the smaller Ultegra leavers ST-R600 for ladies and convert
    your
    > >Campa cassette to a Shimano one. Very easy !http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog12.html
    > >
    > >"Sam Bixby" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    > >news:[email protected]...
    > >> is there a model of campag leaver units that can be set-up to suit
    smaller
    > >> hands?
    > >>
    > >> or
    > >>
    > >> can shimano leavers be used with campag drive chain
    > >>
    > >> many thanks
    > >>
    > >> panda

  8. hans-<< You can use the smaller Ultegra leavers ST-R600 for ladies and convert your Campa cassette
    to a Shimano one. Very easy !http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog12.html

    It is easy, so easy you don't need to do anything but put the Campagnolo 9s wheel on, adjust your
    rder and go ride. Spacer kits for 9s-going either way, is not necessary.

  9. In article <J%[email protected]>,
    H. van Beek <[email protected]> wrote:
    >"Paul Southworth" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    >news:5eC_9.31524$A%[email protected]...
    >>
    >> In my experience it's the rear derailleur that needs changing and not the cogs if you want to use
    >> a Shimano shifter. The cog space is pretty similar already.
    >
    >http://www.branfordbike.com/cassette/cog12.html
    >
    >On the Branfordsite they say never change the shifters according to the derailleur. So Shimano
    >shifters with Shimano rearderailleur and Campy shifters with Campyrearderailleur.

    Yep, that is what I am suggesting as well. If the rider wants Shimano shifters, get a Shimano
    derailleur to go with it. The thing that is usually _not_ necessary is replacing the cogs.

    --Paul