Campy lock ring question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Meicheng, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Meicheng

    Meicheng Guest

    I've read that depending on the age of the hub there is either a regular or oversize lockring
    needed. I am going to be running a 13-26, 9-speed cassette but I don't know how old my hubs are and
    whether I need a 26MM or 27MM lockring. I do know that I need a lockring that will work with a 12/13
    small cog, but its my understanding there's 2 different sizes. The hubs are either Veloce or Mirage,
    I am not sure. Any easy way to identify the right size lockring I'll need? Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "meicheng" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I've read that depending on the age of the hub there is either a regular
    or
    > oversize lockring needed. I am going to be running a 13-26, 9-speed cassette but I don't know how
    > old my hubs are and whether I need a 26MM or 27MM lockring. I do know that I need a lockring that
    > will work with a
    12/13
    > small cog, but its my understanding there's 2 different sizes. The hubs
    are
    > either Veloce or Mirage, I am not sure. Any easy way to identify the
    right
    > size lockring I'll need? Thanks.

    Measure it? The thread is1mm pitch, so a 27mm thread will measure 26mm on the cassette body.
    Lockrings come in "11t" and "everything else" diameters

  3. Meicheng-<< I've read that depending on the age of the hub there is either a regular or oversize
    lockring needed. I am going to be running a 13-26, 9-speed cassette but I don't know how old my hubs
    are and whether I need a 26MM or 27MM lockring. >><BR><BR>

    << The hubs are either Veloce or Mirage, I am not sure. Any easy way to identify the right size
    lockring I'll need? >><BR><BR>

    Really tough for Veloce and Mirage. Can ya take the hub/wheel on down to a LBS and see if the newer
    lockring fits??