Campy lock ring question

Meicheng

Guest
I've read that depending on the age of the hub there is either a regular or oversize lockring
needed. I am going to be running a 13-26, 9-speed cassette but I don't know how old my hubs are and
whether I need a 26MM or 27MM lockring. I do know that I need a lockring that will work with a 12/13
small cog, but its my understanding there's 2 different sizes. The hubs are either Veloce or Mirage,
I am not sure. Any easy way to identify the right size lockring I'll need? Thanks.

"meicheng" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:1IwJa.110152$YZ2.278173@rwcrnsc53...
> I've read that depending on the age of the hub there is either a regular
or
> oversize lockring needed. I am going to be running a 13-26, 9-speed cassette but I don't know how
> old my hubs are and whether I need a 26MM or 27MM lockring. I do know that I need a lockring that
> will work with a
12/13
> small cog, but its my understanding there's 2 different sizes. The hubs
are
> either Veloce or Mirage, I am not sure. Any easy way to identify the
right
> size lockring I'll need? Thanks.

Measure it? The thread is1mm pitch, so a 27mm thread will measure 26mm on the cassette body.
Lockrings come in "11t" and "everything else" diameters

Meicheng-<< I've read that depending on the age of the hub there is either a regular or oversize
lockring needed. I am going to be running a 13-26, 9-speed cassette but I don't know how old my hubs
are and whether I need a 26MM or 27MM lockring. >><BR><BR>

<< The hubs are either Veloce or Mirage, I am not sure. Any easy way to identify the right size
lockring I'll need? >><BR><BR>

Really tough for Veloce and Mirage. Can ya take the hub/wheel on down to a LBS and see if the newer
lockring fits??