Campy Neutron Wheels

Wayne T

Guest
I've fallen in love with a set of Campy Neutron wheels. But they are a bit pricey at 650. A set of
Campy Proton wheels would only be 2.1 Oz. more in weight and would not have the aero spokes. They
would cost 475 per set. Can anyone tell me what would make the Neutrons worth the additional 175 per
set? Are the hubs a lot faster?

Essentially you would notice the same difference that you would notice in looking at the time in
your seiko watch vs your rolex watch. You would not notice any difference in the time, however, you
may feel that the rolex looks better in your wrist than the seiko.

with the wheels, you will not notice a performance difference, but you may feel that the more
expensive ones look better under your butt.

In fact, with wheels you don't even have to go with Seiko. For the price of a timex. you'll do just
as good or better ( mavic open pros/velocity aerohead/etc, with shimano ultegra/campy chorus/etc and
db spokes). I have campy veloce's with mavic cxs 21 (something like that). you can't get any chaeper
and so far, my wheels kick butt.

My casio marine gear looks just like the rolex submariner. :)

Andres

>I've fallen in love with a set of Campy Neutron wheels. But they are a bit pricey at 650. A set of
>Campy Proton wheels would only be 2.1 Oz. more in weight and would not have the aero spokes. They
>would cost 475 per set. Can anyone tell me what would make the Neutrons worth the additional 175
>per set? Are the hubs a lot faster?

wdunlap-<< I've fallen in love with a set of Campy Neutron wheels. But they are a bit pricey at 650.
A set of Campy Proton wheels would only be 2.1 Oz. more in weight and would not have the aero
spokes. They would cost 475 per set. Can anyone tell me what would make the Neutrons worth the
additional 175 per set? Are the hubs a lot faster?

The Neutron and Proton hubs are derivatives of Record and Chorus.

For a similar weighted wheel that performs the same and doesn't use unique to those wheels
parts(like spokes) and costs a bunch less.....see a good local wheelbuilder that will design a
wheelset specifically for you and your needs...for less money-

[email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> wdunlap-<< I've fallen in love with a set of Campy Neutron wheels. But they are a bit pricey at
> 650. A set of Campy Proton wheels would only be 2.1 Oz. more in weight and would not have the aero
> spokes. They would cost 475 per set. Can anyone tell me what would make the Neutrons worth the
> additional 175 per set? Are the hubs a lot faster?
>
> The Neutron and Proton hubs are derivatives of Record and Chorus.
>
> For a similar weighted wheel that performs the same and doesn't use unique to those wheels
> parts(like spokes) and costs a bunch less.....see a good local wheelbuilder that will design a
> wheelset specifically for you and your needs...for less money-

Agree, last year I had a rear wheel build up using Chorus rear hub, Ritchey Aero rim, DT db 14/15
spokes and even including labor, it was SUBSTANTIALLY less than buying one of these boutique
wheels....