Campy or Shimano?

Originally posted by king_matt87
yer mate ShimaNO is made of cheap plastic parts and Campagnolo is way ahead of shimaNO who had 10 speed first and well who stuff works first time every time Campagnolo is just teh best. When i set my Bike up with Campagnolo Record i found it was cheaper than shimaNO and works better. NEVER SAY CAMPAGNOLO IS BEHIND. 2 words CARBON FIBRE

lol... that was barely coherent. :)

Originally posted by boyRacer
lol... that was barely coherent. :)

Actually, as far as his posts go, it was remarkably easy to read. king_matt87 is not remowned for his grammar, spelling or punctuation.

Originally posted by king_matt87
yer mate ShimaNO is made of cheap plastic parts and Campagnolo is way ahead of shimaNO who had 10 speed first and well who stuff works first time every time Campagnolo is just teh best. When i set my Bike up with Campagnolo Record i found it was cheaper than shimaNO and works better. NEVER SAY CAMPAGNOLO IS BEHIND. 2 words CARBON FIBRE

I've just got to love this guy. He does more to promote Shimano than anyone else on the thread!

:)

dura ace on my 16lb modern race bike because it rocks and is a better value
campy super record on the classic steel bianchi for cool factor and nostalgia
i parked my car 3 years ago when i moved to a bike friendly city so my gas and insurance money go's to bike stuff.

This thread cracks me up. I hope the bickering here never ends. As far as products go, I use both. I'm not too happy with my Ultegra, but I wouldnt care if it was DA, I'd be glad to have it. Another thing I think is mildly funny is that I was reading an article where they inteviewed the DA rep. One of the things he pointed out was how DA was working to improve the length and with of its levers. Turns out they have multiple STI levers, I imagine most people knew that. It's funny their still messin around with the size, Campy's had it figured out for quite some time now. I quess no matter how much you tweak the shimano, it's never right, crapola is still crapola. :p

Originally posted by Rompinrhino
This thread cracks me up. I hope the bickering here never ends. As far as products go, I use both. I'm not too happy with my Ultegra, but I wouldnt care if it was DA, I'd be glad to have it. Another thing I think is mildly funny is that I was reading an article where they inteviewed the DA rep. One of the things he pointed out was how DA was working to improve the length and with of its levers. Turns out they have multiple STI levers, I imagine most people knew that. It's funny their still messin around with the size, Campy's had it figured out for quite some time now. I quess no matter how much you tweak the shimano, it's never right, crapola is still crapola. :p

well your post cracks me up, since you start out saying its all good then bash shimano at the end

whatever, i really like the feel of shimano shifters and dont like so much the feel of campy. still havent ridden the new 10spd d/a ones tho.

the only important difference i think is that you can only down shift one gear at a time with shimano, i wonder why they havent changed that. its never made a difference in my rides, but wouldnt sprinters or others like that option?

If you watch Shimano riders closely, you can see them clicking down like a banshe. It's not really that big a deal because you can do it so quick.

I use Campag...albiet 9sp! Just like the feel and servicability. Shim's Octalink b/b is a better design though, but rebuildable Ergo levers rule![/COLOR] Not really too impressed with new D/A 10spd stuff at all.

Originally posted by Rompinrhino

make up your mind. first, you dont care if you had DA but youd be glad to have it. then you say shimano is ****.

Just glad that they are both out there competing like crazy and that the race is so close! Hope some other players join the road group field again to keep everybody honest. If it ever goes to a monopoly that's when we'll all be f***ed. I wish Campagnolo could get a fair share of the OEM bike market and then more riders would have experience of their product without having to shell out extra bickies. Also pricing outside Europe seems to need work on for Campagnolo to regain market share.

Originally posted by mikeo
Just glad that they are both out there competing like crazy and that the race is so close! Hope some other players join the road group field again to keep everybody honest. If it ever goes to a monopoly that's when we'll all be f***ed. I wish Campagnolo could get a fair share of the OEM bike market and then more riders would have experience of their product without having to shell out extra bickies. Also pricing outside Europe seems to need work on for Campagnolo to regain market share.

There are rumblings that SRAM is coming out with a road bike group soon...have to wait and see though.

Originally posted by Philman
There are rumblings that SRAM is coming out with a road bike group soon...have to wait and see though.

Can hardly wait - from what I have seen (not had any experience) it looks like they make pretty good stuff. I love all bike stuff especially exotic titanium alloy, aluminium alloy and carbon fibre stuff - it looks so good I could roll in it!

Originally posted by the anti snob
make up your mind. first, you dont care if you had DA but youd be glad to have it. then you say shimano is ****.

Flush out your headgear newguy. I wouldnt mind riding DA, and I dont think Shimano's that bad, did you see the little :p thrown in there?:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kaboom
So what do u people ride out there? shimano or campy?

I have campy 10 record 03/04 mix on my racing Bianchi XL EV2 bike.

I have dura/ultegra 9 mix on my other bike.

Originally posted by gclariosa
I have campy 10 record 03/04 mix on my racing Bianchi XL EV2 bike.

I have dura/ultegra 9 mix on my other bike.

I've seen ur ride gc and it looks impressive. The FSA crank is a nice touch in lieu of the campy record carbon crank... cool!

Originally posted by dennis dee
I've seen ur ride gc and it looks impressive. The FSA crank is a nice touch in lieu of the campy record carbon crank... cool!

thanks. did you saw it on campyonly.com?

Originally posted by Giz
Why the hell does everyone keep going on about the price of Campagnolo products, yes ok they are rather expensive but you have to pay the money to get the product. The other component manufacturer hardly pours any money into developing there road components just the crappy mtb side. Whereas Campagnolo which has turnover which is substantially less that the opponent continously develops there components, with new derailleurs, shifters, wheels etc.

If you want the best buy Campagnolo, you won't regret it

Yeah, Shimano didn't spend a nickel on the new DA 10 speed. Gimme a break. You're talking out of your ass - and learn to spell, will ya?

Originally posted by Philman

Their mtb groups are solid. Hope they do, a third competitor on the market would be welcome.

Originally posted by Kaboom
Lol i know it is. I really dont think they are that bad, but i dont like their feel. I just like pushing the things a bit. And i want to see how long it takes all of the campy fanatics to go wild about that statement.

I use an old 1978 - era road bike that is made with Reynolds 531 DB steel tubing, with full Campy Nuovo Record, & I've never ridden anything better in all the years since, including the ultra-light titanium & carbon reinforced resin road models.

Light weight isn't everything.