Campy ProFit Pedals?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Umterp, Feb 12, 2003.

  1. Umterp

    Umterp Guest

    I've always ridden Look pedals, but they are wearing out. Any feedback on Campy Profit pedals? I
    haven't heard anything about them.

    TIA

    Dave

    Tags:

  2. Wayne Pein

    Wayne Pein Guest

    UMTERP wrote:

    > I've always ridden Look pedals, but they are wearing out. Any feedback on Campy Profit pedals? I
    > haven't heard anything about them.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dave

    I've had Record for 13 months.

    The cleat is two piece, 1 metal, 1 plastic. The step down engagement part is metal, which seems good
    from a wear point of view, but it does create metal to metal contact which can squeak when riding.
    So you've got to pay attention to keeping it greased.

    The anodizing on the pedal is chipping off.

    Functionally, they are fine, but I can't say they would be superior to Look.

    Wayne

  3. UMTERP wrote:
    > I've always ridden Look pedals, but they are wearing out. Any feedback on Campy Profit pedals? I
    > haven't heard anything about them.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Dave

    I ride Campagnolo profits during the summer and looks in the winter. Prior to the profits I used
    look all year round. The Campagnolo pedals have a more positive feel and so require less tension
    making them easier to unclip from without danger of pulling out. I find them marginally more
    difficult to clip into than the looks. The plastic part of the cleat seems to last longer than the
    looks. I've only done about 5000 miles on the Campag Pedals so can't tell how well they last. You
    can get pedal reflectors for the campagnolo pedals which if night riding can be useful in some parts
    of the world.

    If I was forced to have the same pedals on both bikes (which I will be soon when my ancient winter
    Carnac shoes finaly give up the ghost) I would choose the Campagnolo pedals. Then again I like
    Campagnolo just because it is Campagnolo so I am not a good reference:)

    --
    Chris dot Gerhard at btclick dot com.