Campy ProFit Pedals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Umterp

My Look pedals are wearing out. Thinking of replacing them with Campy ones.

Any feedback? I haven't heard a thing.

TIA

Dave

Just got myself a new bike a month ago with Campy Chorus pro fit pedals. Although I haven't had that much kms on the bike yet, I just love the way they feel, they seem transer the power from your pedals to the cranks very well.
The float allows for a more natural movement of your feet while pedaling, much better than the Looks I used before.

And, not unimportant, they are very light and look way cooler than most other pedals. I don't think you would regret your choice

Niek

umterp-<< My Look pedals are wearing out. Thinking of replacing them with Campy ones.

Any feedback? I haven't heard a thing.

I was a long time LOOK user than tried the Profit and felt that they worked like....LOOK pedals
-except very smooth, lots of bearings(Record model) easy in and out, completely
rebuildable...springs, etc, great pedals and lighter than the new 'lance' spd-sl..cheaper
too(Chorus).. Great pedal...

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

"umterp" wrote:

< My Look pedals are wearing out. >Thinking of replacing them with Campy
>ones.

>Any feedback? I haven't heard a thing.

Bought my first (Chorus) pair @ 2-1/2 years ago. My mileage isn't great but generally liked them a
lot. They can be set pretty tight, but a rotational movement (back and forth at the sole, in or out
with the heel) still lets you right out. Good idea to practice that move, more specific IME than
Look release.

Not good with dirt, very difficult release. Also had a problem with substituting a Look cleat screw
for Sidi part-- the square shoulder screw head did not allow release like the domed Sidi part, had
to take the shoe off to get it off the pedal. That Look screw worked ok at the nose of the Campy
cleat, not near the metal insert. Entry was about the same, like with dirt-- you can get in, getting
out can be tough.

The metal inserts last very well, good because they are expensive. The plastic part wears about the
same as Look but can be used longer because the metal helps hold the cleat in the pedal (not
endorsing experiments to failure).

Had a problem after using one set of plastic cleats to where my feet were falling out. Replaced worn
ones, couldn't get much tension with new plastic parts installed. Same checked on two different
pedal sets, one set not much used. A second new set of plastic cleats (and metal, too) helped but
did not get me back to where I was with the old set (used until the nose of one plastic cleat broke
and I had to toss it). Strangely, the tension improved over a couple hundred miles. A quick A-B on a
lightly used second set of pedals seemed to show both pedal sets had about the same release tension,
otherwise I would suspect the wire "bails" in the older set of pedals had weakened. Swapped "old",
lightly used, and new metal inserts around during this process, seemed not to make any diff between
three metal sets, but my oldest are not much worn. Saw the bails someplace for @$20, might try new
ones the next go-round.

Excuse "long", there you go. The dirt problem is bad enough that I've looked at Time offroad pedals,
otherwise I like the Profits a lot, have a new set ready to put on the next bike. --Tom Paterson

Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> I was a long time LOOK user than tried the Profit and felt that they worked like....LOOK pedals
> -except very smooth, lots of bearings(Record model) easy in and out, completely
> rebuildable...springs, etc, great pedals and lighter than the new 'lance' spd-sl..cheaper
> too(Chorus).. Great pedal...

OK, you've created some interesting ambiguities for those of us unfamiliar with these pedals. Record
has "lots of bearings" and Chorus is "cheaper too." Does Chorus have adequate bearings? Are both
models lighter than SPD-SL? Prices for Record and Chorus? Thanks.

Cheers,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice L I N U X .~. The Choice /V\ http://www.ourmanpann.com/linux/ of a
GNU /( )\ Generation ^^-^^

[email protected] (UMTERP) wrote in news:[email protected]:

> My Look pedals are wearing out. Thinking of replacing them with Campy ones.
>
> Any feedback? I haven't heard a thing.
>
> TIA
>
> Dave
>

Have both Chorus and Veloce. No difference between them and they feel very much like Looks except
smaller and lighter. Still have one bike with Looks and two commuters with SPDs but like the ProFits
the best for road riding.

"Tom Paterson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "umterp" wrote:
>
> < My Look pedals are wearing out. >Thinking of replacing them with Campy
> >ones.
>
> >Any feedback? I haven't heard a thing.
>
> Bought my first (Chorus) pair @ 2-1/2 years ago. My mileage isn't great
but
> generally liked them a lot. They can be set pretty tight, but a rotational movement (back and
> forth at the sole, in or out with the heel) still lets
you
> right out. Good idea to practice that move, more specific IME than Look release.
>

Um, yes. I couldn't get out of them, and gave up after a couple of months. Went back to Look.

Lee

>> generally liked them a lot. They can be set pretty tight, but a >rotational movement (back and
>> forth at the sole, in or out with the heel) still lets
>you
>> right out. Good idea to practice that move, more specific IME >than Look release.
>>
>
>Um, yes. I couldn't get out of them, and gave up after a couple >of months. Went back to Look.
>
>Lee

Really?
Gettting out of them is - for me - just as easy as with Looks, but getting in is a little more difficult as the contact area is smaller. It never takes me more than 2 tries though.

Niek

Status
Not open for further replies.