Campy QS front derailleur compatibility

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by JonnyG, Sep 11, 2010.

1. JonnyG

JonnyG New Member

Hi All: Another Campy question for y'all....

I have the current generation Centaur Ultra shifters and am planning to use a Record FD from the 10 speed era (with compact crankset). I see there are front derailleurs marked "Record QS" while others are marked "Record" (without the QS). Are there actually any differences between these front derailleurs or was it just a silkscreen change to match up with the change in the Record shifters?

If there are differences between the QS and non-QS derailleurs, which type would these Centaur shifters work best with? (I assume the QS FD would require the least amount of shifter travel?)

Thanks again.
    Jon

Tags:

2. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

QS shifters will work with any 10s Campy derailleurs and vice versa. The performance difference between QS shifters matched with non-QS derailleurs and QS shifters matched with QS derailleurs will be minimal. I wouldn't worry about matching QS with QS and would instead let price and taste dictate the choice.

3. Peter@vecchios

[email protected] New Member

Use either FD, with Campagnolo's LH shifter being a 'ratcheting friction' either will work fine. 'QS' for those shifters was making the entire group lineup say 'QS'. It only really mattered for Centaur and below, 2007/8.