Campy QS front derailleur compatibility

JonnyG

Aug 18, 2010
Hi All: Another Campy question for y'all....

I have the current generation Centaur Ultra shifters and am planning to use a Record FD from the 10 speed era (with compact crankset). I see there are front derailleurs marked "Record QS" while others are marked "Record" (without the QS). Are there actually any differences between these front derailleurs or was it just a silkscreen change to match up with the change in the Record shifters?

If there are differences between the QS and non-QS derailleurs, which type would these Centaur shifters work best with? (I assume the QS FD would require the least amount of shifter travel?)

Thanks again.
Jon

JonnyG said:

I have the current generation Centaur Ultra shifters and am planning to use a Record FD from the 10 speed era (with compact crankset). I see there are front derailleurs marked "Record QS" while others are marked "Record" (without the QS). Are there actually any differences between these front derailleurs or was it just a silkscreen change to match up with the change in the Record shifters?

If there are differences between the QS and non-QS derailleurs, which type would these Centaur shifters work best with? (I assume the QS FD would require the least amount of shifter travel?)

Thanks again.
Jon

QS shifters will work with any 10s Campy derailleurs and vice versa. The performance difference between QS shifters matched with non-QS derailleurs and QS shifters matched with QS derailleurs will be minimal. I wouldn't worry about matching QS with QS and would instead let price and taste dictate the choice.

JonnyG said:

Thanks again.
Jon

Use either FD, with Campagnolo's LH shifter being a 'ratcheting friction' either will work fine. 'QS' for those shifters was making the entire group lineup say 'QS'. It only really mattered for Centaur and below, 2007/8.