Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Campy Rear Derailleur Assembly question...

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 4 posts · 443 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 April 2006
Last activity
3 April 2006
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
4
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
443
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–4 of 4
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I currently have a 2003 record short cage and I was wondering if the I
    could switch out the cage for a chorus medium cage assembly ?

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

  2. Quoted message said:

    I currently have a 2003 record short cage and I was wondering if the I
    could switch out the cage for a chorus medium cage assembly ?

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

    Yes, RD-CH-302m but you are going to find it's really hard to find
    that part. It is the whole shootin match, both cage plates, and the
    plate that hooks it to the der body, PLUS, very expensive, in the
    $80-$100 range. What are you trying to do? A 13-29 with a short cage
    and double crank is do-able.

  3. Quoted message said:

    I currently have a 2003 record short cage and I was wondering if the I
    could switch out the cage for a chorus medium cage assembly ?

    Thanks,

    Ian in SD

    Nashbar has the Veloce LONG cage rear derailleur for $60.

    http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?category=&subcategory=&brand=1112&sku=11494&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

    I have 1998 Chorus short cage, 2003 Centaur medium cage, and 2005
    Veloce Long cage rear derailleurs. They all work equally great. Long
    cage gives you the most options for gearing.

  4. Well, my short cage is bent and when trying to bend it back - I made it
    worse - go figure. Anyhow I figured I might as well replace it with the
    medium.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.