Campy Rear Derailleur Assembly question...

I currently have a 2003 record short cage and I was wondering if the I
could switch out the cage for a chorus medium cage assembly ?

Thanks,

Ian in SD

[email protected] wrote:
> I currently have a 2003 record short cage and I was wondering if the I
> could switch out the cage for a chorus medium cage assembly ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian in SD

Yes, RD-CH-302m but you are going to find it's really hard to find
that part. It is the whole shootin match, both cage plates, and the
plate that hooks it to the der body, PLUS, very expensive, in the
$80-$100 range. What are you trying to do? A 13-29 with a short cage
and double crank is do-able.

[email protected] wrote:
> I currently have a 2003 record short cage and I was wondering if the I
> could switch out the cage for a chorus medium cage assembly ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ian in SD

Nashbar has the Veloce LONG cage rear derailleur for $60.

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?...1112&sku=11494&storetype=&estoreid=&pagename=

I have 1998 Chorus short cage, 2003 Centaur medium cage, and 2005
Veloce Long cage rear derailleurs. They all work equally great. Long
cage gives you the most options for gearing.

Well, my short cage is bent and when trying to bend it back - I made it
worse - go figure. Anyhow I figured I might as well replace it with the
medium.