Campy rear shifter problem

Kestrel12

Feb 4, 2006
Ok, I have searched and Googled all day but cant find a solution for my problem.

Basically I have Chorus 10spd shifter. The rear shifter has worked flawlessly up until yesterday when something weird happened. Normally there is a clearly audible click when changing gears and a very defined feel in the shifter for each gear changed - sometime yesterday this just stopped. The bike still shifts gear but there is no audible click and it has a very "soft" feel. The front shifter is still fine.

While the bike is still shifting I am a little concerned that something is wrong and would like to get it sorted out before I do any damage to the shifter by continuing to use it.

If anyone has had this problem or has any idea what it might be your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

jason

Kestrel12 said:
Ok, I have searched and Googled all day but cant find a solution for my problem.

Basically I have Chorus 10spd shifter. The rear shifter has worked flawlessly up until yesterday when something weird happened. Normally there is a clearly audible click when changing gears and a very defined feel in the shifter for each gear changed - sometime yesterday this just stopped. The bike still shifts gear but there is no audible click and it has a very "soft" feel. The front shifter is still fine.

While the bike is still shifting I am a little concerned that something is wrong and would like to get it sorted out before I do any damage to the shifter by continuing to use it.

If anyone has had this problem or has any idea what it might be your help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

jason

Common problem and you either broke a shift spring(there are 2) or split the spring carrier. Send me the lever and I can turn it around in one day. Spring carrier(I use the Recored fiber/plastic one, doesn't split) is $15 and the springs are $5 per. labor to completely take apart, front and rear, clean, lube and reassemble is $35.

I do dozens of rebuilds per year, send me yours if you are in CONUS.

Peter
Vecchio's
1833 pearl St
Republic of Boulder

Peter,

Thanks for the offer but I am in Australia so will need to get someone local to take care of it.

Cheers

Jason

Peter@vecchios said:
Common problem and you either broke a shift spring(there are 2) or split the spring carrier. Send me the lever and I can turn it around in one day. Spring carrier(I use the Recored fiber/plastic one, doesn't split) is $15 and the springs are $5 per. labor to completely take apart, front and rear, clean, lube and reassemble is $35.

I do dozens of rebuilds per year, send me yours if you are in CONUS.

Peter
Vecchio's
1833 pearl St
Republic of Boulder

Kestrel12 said:
Peter,

Thanks for the offer but I am in Australia so will need to get someone local to take care of it.

Cheers

Jason

Well, I'll still do it the day I get it.....just might be a little delay between locations. :eek:

Gotta be somebody there that 'qui si parla Campagnolo'....