Campy Record 1996 brake blocks?

Peter D

Guest
Hi,

I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks are
slightly curved and will not fit.

Does anyone know if the correct blocks are still available?? If not is it
possible to fit other blocks or whole assemblies like Ultegra....

Thanks
Pete

"Peter D" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks
> are slightly curved and will not fit.
>
> Does anyone know if the correct blocks are still available?? If not is
> it possible to fit other blocks or whole assemblies like Ultegra....

Kool Stop makes replacement pads and holders that are superior to the
original pads. Get the C89 series pads and you should be fine. Harris
Cyclery and Branford Bike are two places to get them and I'm sure others
sell them as well.

--
Wayne Menzie

"Peter D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Hi,
>
> I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks are
> slightly curved and will not fit.
>
> Does anyone know if the correct blocks are still available?? If not is it
> possible to fit other blocks or whole assemblies like Ultegra....
>
> Thanks
> Pete

Check Sheldon Browns site for Kool Stop pads. I vaguely remember they
have a solution to this problem & their brick colored (old Scott
Matthouser)are the best pads in the world including Campy or Shimano.
Good luck John

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:36:16 +1200, "Peter D" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks are
>slightly curved and will not fit.

Kool Stop C89 pads work fine. Get them in the Salmon color.

Thanks everyone...

Pete

news:[email protected]...