Campy Record 1996 brake blocks?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Peter D, Jul 14, 2004.

  1. Peter D

    Peter D Guest

    Hi,

    I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks are
    slightly curved and will not fit.

    Does anyone know if the correct blocks are still available?? If not is it
    possible to fit other blocks or whole assemblies like Ultegra....

    Thanks
    Pete

    Tags:

  2. Wayne Menzie

    Wayne Menzie Guest

    "Peter D" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks
    > are slightly curved and will not fit.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the correct blocks are still available?? If not is
    > it possible to fit other blocks or whole assemblies like Ultegra....

    Kool Stop makes replacement pads and holders that are superior to the
    original pads. Get the C89 series pads and you should be fine. Harris
    Cyclery and Branford Bike are two places to get them and I'm sure others
    sell them as well.

    --
    Wayne Menzie

  3. John McGraw

    John McGraw Guest

    "Peter D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks are
    > slightly curved and will not fit.
    >
    > Does anyone know if the correct blocks are still available?? If not is it
    > possible to fit other blocks or whole assemblies like Ultegra....
    >
    > Thanks
    > Pete

    Check Sheldon Browns site for Kool Stop pads. I vaguely remember they
    have a solution to this problem & their brick colored (old Scott
    Matthouser)are the best pads in the world including Campy or Shimano.
    Good luck John

  4. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:36:16 +1200, "Peter D" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I have 1996 Record calipers. I understand that the 2000 onwards blocks are
    >slightly curved and will not fit.

    Kool Stop C89 pads work fine. Get them in the Salmon color.

  5. Peter D

    Peter D Guest

    Thanks everyone...

    Pete