Campy Record ergo failure

The myth about Campy being long lasting is dead. Servicing a Campy lever
is worse than going to have the BMW serviced.

--

Mike Latondresse wrote:
> "Pete Biggs" <pclemantine{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> I've also worn the springs out in less than a year. It all
>> depends on how many times you've changed gear. Time and number of
>> miles is hardly relevant. Obviously cyclists less shifty than us
>> make their Ergos last longer.
>>

> I am about as shifty as they come and my 1999 Ergos have been across
> Canada, around BC, down the west coast to CA and to the Alps twice
> with no rebuilds and still shift fine. I am retired by the by.

Well, some people shift even more frequently than you do, perhaps a lot
more. That is the most reasonable explanation as to why some Ergos need
servicing more often.

~PB

bcrdi-<< Servicing a Campy lever
is worse than going to have the BMW serviced. >><BR><BR>

Once again, yer full of ****. I can completely disassemble, replace springs and
reassemble an ERGO lever, from 1991 until today's, in about 15 minutes...

Might be tough for you, I have seen your posts and I can guess the level of
mechanical skills you have.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

BaCardi wrote:
> The myth about Campy being long lasting is dead. Servicing a Campy lever
> is worse than going to have the BMW serviced.

non sequitur

BaCardi <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> The myth about Campy being long lasting is dead. Servicing a Campy lever
> is worse than going to have the BMW serviced.
>

> --

But still nowhere near as painful as having to replace $400 shifters
after three years.

App