Campy Record Front Brake Won't Fit on Fork

On Aug 12, 1:09 am, A Muzi <[email protected]> wrote:
> Kenny wrote:
> > Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.

> >http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi

> That's not a bolt, it's a nut.
> And that's not the original Easton nut either.
> --
> Andrew Muziwww.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Does the Easton fork come supplied with a brake nut? Mine didn't have
one. Do you know what the proper nut length is?

Lou Holtman wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>> Kenny wrote:
>>> Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.
>>>
>>> http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi
>>>

>> that's the nut, not the bolt.
>>
>> and this is a length issue. get a shorter one from your lbs.

> Should someone that clueless install a new carbon fork?
>
> Lou

smart enough to ask. smart enough to keep on asking. and smart enough
to not pick a fight.

if you want to take issue with people who get stuff wrong, why aren't
you around when a bullshitter's lying their ass off? that's a good deal
more offensive imo.

On Aug 12, 2:27 am, Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:
> jim beam wrote:

> Should someone that clueless install a new carbon fork?
>
> Lou

Definitely not!

Cheers,
Kenny

On Aug 11, 10:28 am, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
> Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.
>
> http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi

ohhhh!!, too long. not to big in diameter...have the bike shop guy
supply a shorter nut. They come in about 5 or 6 lengths. He should
have mentioned this. Any bike shop guy has a drawer full of different
length brake nuts..

On Aug 12, 8:26 pm, "Qui si parla Campagnolo-www.vecchios.com"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 10:28 am, Kenny <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Thought I'd post a link the pic of the brake bolt.

> >http://bayimg.com/LAFchaAbi

> ohhhh!!, too long. not to big in diameter...have the bike shop guy
> supply a shorter nut. They come in about 5 or 6 lengths. He should
> have mentioned this. Any bike shop guy has a drawer full of different
> length brake nuts..

Well, got a what I think was a 12mm brake nut from the LBS and it did
the trick. New fork successfully installed. Yeah!