Campy Record Quality Downgrade?

Hatch-It

Guest
Has anyone else seen a downgrade in the latest Campy Record componentry? I was looking at a Record
Triple crankset at the weekend, and the chainrings were just crude looking rubbish - almost as bad
as Shimano
105. Same for the brake calipers - nowhere near as good as the older pair i have on my bike
currently.

Is this a one-off, or are Campy cutting back on finish quality? Are they in financial trouble?

"hatch-it" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> Has anyone else seen a downgrade in the latest Campy Record componentry? I was looking at a Record
> Triple crankset at the weekend, and the chainrings were just crude looking rubbish - almost as bad
> as Shimano
> 105. Same for the brake calipers - nowhere near as good as the older pair i have on my bike
> currently.
>
> Is this a one-off, or are Campy cutting back on finish quality? Are they in financial trouble?

I'm curious as to whether you actually got Record rings or not. I just installed a Record Triple
this weekend. The customer noted how thick and well-machined the rings are. Veloce triple rings are
similar to the 105 type - much thinner and with pressed rather than cut ramps.

in article [email protected], A Muzi at [email protected] wrote on
02/17/2003 10:03 PM:

> "hatch-it" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:p[email protected]...
>> Has anyone else seen a downgrade in the latest Campy Record componentry? I was looking at a
>> Record Triple crankset at the weekend, and the chainrings were just crude looking rubbish -
>> almost as bad as Shimano
>> 105. Same for the brake calipers - nowhere near as good as the older pair i have on my bike
>> currently.
>>
>> Is this a one-off, or are Campy cutting back on finish quality? Are they in financial trouble?
>

> I'm curious as to whether you actually got Record rings or not. I just installed a Record Triple
> this weekend. The customer noted how thick and well-machined the rings are. Veloce triple rings
> are similar to the 105 type - much thinner and with pressed rather than cut ramps.

Makes me wonder if he was looking at "Record Triple" or "Racing Triple" ...

dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

uce-<< I was looking at a Record Triple crankset at the weekend, and the chainrings were just crude
looking rubbish - almost as bad as Shimano
105. Same for the brake calipers - nowhere near as good as the older pair i have on my bike
currently.

Hmmmm, don't get it...where did you see it? Seconds? The stuff we install looks fine, hasn't changed
for years...

(106)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Steven,

Steven L. Sheffield wrote:
> in article [email protected], A Muzi at [email protected] wrote on 02/17/2003
> 10:03 PM:
>

>>"hatch-it" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:p[email protected]...
>>
>>>Has anyone else seen a downgrade in the latest Campy Record componentry? I was looking at a
>>>Record Triple crankset at the weekend, and the chainrings were just crude looking rubbish -
>>>almost as bad as Shimano
>>>105. Same for the brake calipers - nowhere near as good as the older pair i have on my bike
>>> currently.
>>>
>>>Is this a one-off, or are Campy cutting back on finish quality? Are they in financial trouble?
>>

>>I'm curious as to whether you actually got Record rings or not. I just installed a Record Triple
>>this weekend. The customer noted how thick and well-machined the rings are. Veloce triple rings
>>are similar to the 105 type - much thinner and with pressed rather than cut ramps.
>

> Makes me wonder if he was looking at "Record Triple" or "Racing Triple" ...

Naw, Racing Triple also has the nicer CNC'd rings.

I installed a Record triple for a friend about two months ago and found it to first rate Campagnolo
quality. It was amazingly light for a triple.

Terry

> --
>
> Steven L. Sheffield stevens at veloworks dot com veloworks at worldnet dot ay tea tee dot net
> bellum pax est libertas servitus est ignoratio vis est ess ay ell tea ell ay kay ee sea aye tee
> why you ti ay aitch aitch tee tea pea colon [for word] slash [four ward] slash double-you
> double-yew double-ewe dot veloworks dot com [four word] slash

hatch-it <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Has anyone else seen a downgrade in the latest Campy Record componentry? I was looking at a Record
> Triple crankset at the weekend, and the chainrings were just crude looking rubbish - almost as bad
> as Shimano
> 105. Same for the brake calipers - nowhere near as good as the older pair i have on my bike
> currently.
>
> Is this a one-off, or are Campy cutting back on finish quality? Are they in financial trouble?

Let's hope not.

LUIGI