Campy/Shimano hubs

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Paul Westall, Apr 19, 2003.

  1. Paul Westall

    Paul Westall Guest

    Are recent shimano and campy hubs & cassettes interchangeable? My suspicion is that they are not,
    but I'd like to know for sure Paul

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Paul Westall wrote:
    > Are recent shimano and campy hubs & cassettes interchangeable?

    No, Shimano cassettes do not fit Campagnolo hubs and vice versa.

    Marchisio cassettes will fit either (by use of adaptors).

    ~PB

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Paul Westall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Are recent shimano and campy hubs & cassettes interchangeable? My
    suspicion
    > is that they are not, but I'd like to know for sure

    You cannot put a Sram or a Shimano cassette on a Campagnolo hub, nor the reverse. Mavic hubs are
    available either in Campagnolo or in Shimano/SRAM format.

    The good news, however, is that any nine speed wheel shifts in any nine speed bike, f'rinstance a
    Campagnolo tandem with Phil Wood hubs and a SRAM cassette which is a fairly popular setup.