Campy Shimano, Just the facts Mam

jitteringjr

Sep 2, 2003
I thought people might want to see this. I built up a chart with just the weights and prices (U.S. dollars) of the different groups. These are from the 2004 models because I can't find prices on the new stuff yet and I got prices posted on these different websites in the US:

Perfomancebike.com
Nashbar.com
Supergo.com

(The Crank specs are doubles btw)

This definitly will help to explain why Shimano is so much more aboundant in the U.S. For less than the Price of Chorus, we can have Dura Ace. For a 22% discount, we can have Ultegra over Centaur and still save weight.

Now I am not trying to say which is better. Frankly, I would rather have Campy, but it is hard for me to justify the additional price for the additional prestege.

How do the different groups compare in price in other countries?

jitteringjr said:
I thought people might want to see this. I built up a chart with just the weights and prices (U.S. dollars) of the different groups. These are from the 2004 models because I can't find prices on the new stuff yet and I got prices posted on these different websites in the US:

Perfomancebike.com
Nashbar.com
Supergo.com

(The Crank specs are doubles btw)

This definitly will help to explain why Shimano is so much more aboundant in the U.S. For less than the Price of Chorus, we can have Dura Ace. For a 22% discount, we can have Ultegra over Centaur and still save weight.

Now I am not trying to say which is better. Frankly, I would rather have Campy, but it is hard for me to justify the additional price for the additional prestege.

How do the different groups compare in price in other countries?

Is that DA10 or DA9?

Tak962 said:
Is that DA10 or DA9?

DA 10 with the exception of the crank. The DA10 crank has integrated BB so it was hard to compare apples and apples so I used the data from the DA9 crank. I am sure there are small errors in this but it gives a rough idea.