Campy Threaded Headset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Appkiller, May 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Appkiller

Appkiller Guest

Greetings!

I have lost my manual for my Chorus threaded headset. I went to Campy's web site and downloaded the
    only .pdf (dated 1996) they had there for a threaded headset but it does not appear to be for my
    headset (their latest model) as it shows cages top and bottom and mine does not have a cage for the
    bottom bearings.

Anyone know the bearing sizes (two different ones)? I know, I even have a pair of calipers but I
    only want to crack the headset one more time, so how's about a little help here?

As a bonus question: are the bearings in the threadless Chorus headset the same size as the threaded
    (backup bike)?

TIA

App

Tags:

2. A Muzi

A Muzi Guest

"Appkiller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have lost my manual for my Chorus threaded headset. I went to Campy's web site and downloaded
    > the only .pdf (dated 1996) they had there for a threaded headset but it does not appear to be for
    > my headset (their latest model) as it shows cages top and bottom and mine does not have a cage
    > for the bottom bearings.
    >
    > Anyone know the bearing sizes (two different ones)? I know, I even have a pair of calipers but I
    > only want to crack the headset one more time, so how's about a little help here?
    >
    > As a bonus question: are the bearings in the threadless Chorus headset the same size as the
    > threaded (backup bike)?

The replacement bearing sets are the same for both current models and also the same for Record and
    Chorus. Lower are 3/16" x 20, same as the classic 1039 headset. The uppper is 5/32 x 22. The older
    style set is currently in a yellow package , the new ones are in a grey case.

--
    Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

3. pete-<< Anyone know the bearing sizes (two different ones)?

Top are 5/32inch and the bottom bearings are 3/16inch...

<< As a bonus question: are the bearings in the threadless Chorus headset the same size as the
    threaded (backup bike)?

yessir-

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.