Campy Threaded Headset

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Appkiller, May 11, 2003.

  1. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    Greetings!

    I have lost my manual for my Chorus threaded headset. I went to Campy's web site and downloaded the
    only .pdf (dated 1996) they had there for a threaded headset but it does not appear to be for my
    headset (their latest model) as it shows cages top and bottom and mine does not have a cage for the
    bottom bearings.

    Anyone know the bearing sizes (two different ones)? I know, I even have a pair of calipers but I
    only want to crack the headset one more time, so how's about a little help here?

    As a bonus question: are the bearings in the threadless Chorus headset the same size as the threaded
    (backup bike)?

    TIA

    App

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Appkiller" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have lost my manual for my Chorus threaded headset. I went to Campy's web site and downloaded
    > the only .pdf (dated 1996) they had there for a threaded headset but it does not appear to be for
    > my headset (their latest model) as it shows cages top and bottom and mine does not have a cage
    > for the bottom bearings.
    >
    > Anyone know the bearing sizes (two different ones)? I know, I even have a pair of calipers but I
    > only want to crack the headset one more time, so how's about a little help here?
    >
    > As a bonus question: are the bearings in the threadless Chorus headset the same size as the
    > threaded (backup bike)?

    The replacement bearing sets are the same for both current models and also the same for Record and
    Chorus. Lower are 3/16" x 20, same as the classic 1039 headset. The uppper is 5/32 x 22. The older
    style set is currently in a yellow package , the new ones are in a grey case.

  3. pete-<< Anyone know the bearing sizes (two different ones)?

    Top are 5/32inch and the bottom bearings are 3/16inch...

    << As a bonus question: are the bearings in the threadless Chorus headset the same size as the
    threaded (backup bike)?

    yessir-