Campy Tiple 9/10 speed mix question

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tony The Tiger, Mar 30, 2003.

  1. I have a 10 speed Record Triple RD, FD, Crankset, and BB.

    Can I use these components with 9 speed ergo shifters and a 9 speed chain? (trying to maintain the
    ability to use my current shimano 9s rear wheels and cassettes).

    Thanks,

    Tony

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "tony the tiger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I have a 10 speed Record Triple RD, FD, Crankset, and BB.
    >
    > Can I use these components with 9 speed ergo shifters and a 9 speed chain? (trying to maintain the
    > ability to use my current shimano 9s rear wheels and cassettes).

    If wheel interchangeability is your paramount goal, get a Campagnolo nine cassette for your
    Campagnolo wheels. Then you could use either wheel in either bike. The other stuff you mention works
    fine in a nine or ten system.

  3. tgeraci-<< I have a 10 speed Record Triple RD, FD, Crankset, and BB.

    Can I use these components with 9 speed ergo shifters and a 9 speed chain?

    yes w/o problem or modification. We do this all the time, even with 7 and 8s rear sytems-

  4. Paul Kopit

    Paul Kopit Guest

    I do it all the time. The shifters and derailleurs don't care. I'm not even sure you can get Record,
    Chorus, or Centaur 9sp derailleurs anymore. Veloce says 9sp but shifts 10 fine.