Campy Tiple 9/10 speed mix question

Tony The Tiger

Guest
I have a 10 speed Record Triple RD, FD, Crankset, and BB.

Can I use these components with 9 speed ergo shifters and a 9 speed chain? (trying to maintain the
ability to use my current shimano 9s rear wheels and cassettes).

Thanks,

Tony

"tony the tiger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have a 10 speed Record Triple RD, FD, Crankset, and BB.
>
> Can I use these components with 9 speed ergo shifters and a 9 speed chain? (trying to maintain the
> ability to use my current shimano 9s rear wheels and cassettes).

If wheel interchangeability is your paramount goal, get a Campagnolo nine cassette for your
Campagnolo wheels. Then you could use either wheel in either bike. The other stuff you mention works
fine in a nine or ten system.

tgeraci-<< I have a 10 speed Record Triple RD, FD, Crankset, and BB.

Can I use these components with 9 speed ergo shifters and a 9 speed chain?

yes w/o problem or modification. We do this all the time, even with 7 and 8s rear sytems-

I do it all the time. The shifters and derailleurs don't care. I'm not even sure you can get Record,
Chorus, or Centaur 9sp derailleurs anymore. Veloce says 9sp but shifts 10 fine.