Campy to Shimano cassette for Spinergy Rev X

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Kent, Apr 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kent

Kent Guest

Bought a pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels online recently and found out that the cassette body works
    for Campy and not Shimano (as I was led to believe). I currently use Dura Ace 9speed and want to use
    these wheels is there a decent solution to me being able to use them? Someone suggested I buy a
    Campy cassette and run it with my set up but will this make for sloppy shifting? Anyone who has
    attempted such a conversion have any tips. And if not..does anyone want to buy a pair of RevX wheels
    or trade them for a Shimano set? Super condition with zero cracks or chips. No pics currently
    available but can be taken.

Cheers Kent

Tags:

2. Kent wrote:
    > Bought a pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels online recently and found out that the cassette body works
    > for Campy and not Shimano (as I was led to believe). I currently use Dura Ace 9speed and want to
    > use these wheels is there a decent solution to me being able to use them? Someone suggested I buy
    > a Campy cassette and run it with my set up but will this make for sloppy shifting? Anyone who has
    > attempted such a conversion have any tips. And if not..does anyone want to buy a pair of RevX
    > wheels or trade them for a Shimano set? Super condition with zero cracks or chips. No pics
    > currently available but can be taken.
    >
    > Cheers Kent
    according to shimano tech support the 9sp campy works fine.

3. Nick Payne

Nick Payne Guest

Or you can use a loose cog 9s Campagnolo cassette and get the Wheels Manufacturing spacers to make
    the spacing exactly the same as a Shimano cassette...

"James Connell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Kent wrote:
    > > Bought a pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels online recently and found out that the cassette body
    > > works for Campy and not Shimano (as I was led to believe). I currently use Dura Ace 9speed and
    > > want to use these wheels is there a decent solution to me being able to use them? Someone
    > > suggested I buy a Campy cassette and run it with my set up but will this make for sloppy
    > > shifting? Anyone who has attempted such a conversion have any tips. And if not..does anyone want
    > > to buy a pair of RevX wheels or trade them for a Shimano set? Super condition with zero cracks
    > > or chips. No pics currently available but can be taken.
    > >
    > > Cheers Kent
    > according to shimano tech support the 9sp campy works fine.

4. In article <[email protected]>, Kent <[email protected]> wrote:
    >Bought a pair of Spinergy Rev X wheels online recently and found out that the cassette body works
    >for Campy and not Shimano (as I was led to believe). I currently use Dura Ace 9speed and want to
    >use these wheels is there a decent solution to me being able to use them? Someone suggested I buy a
    >Campy cassette and run it with my set up but will this make for sloppy shifting? Anyone who has
    >attempted such a conversion have any tips. And if not..does anyone want to buy a pair of RevX
    >wheels or trade them for a Shimano set? Super condition with zero cracks or chips. No pics
    >currently available but can be taken.

As long as the Campy freehub is 9-speed just run a Campy cassette, as long as your adjustment is
    tolerably accurate it will shift fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.