Campy triple bb

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Belij3, Jan 25, 2003.

  1. Belij3

    Belij3 Guest

    I have s steel frame w/68mm bb. I have a campy triple with a phil wood 110.5 campy bb. Can I replace
    the 110.5 bb with a phil wood 105 campy bb? rear spacing is 130. B

    Tags:

  2. belij-<< I have s steel frame w/68mm bb. I have a campy triple with a phil wood
    110.5 campy bb. Can I replace the 110.5 bb with a phil wood 105 campy bb?

    Nope, you need that long of a spindle for chainring/arm clearance and also enough spindle for fder
    inward travel...

    (111)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Belij3" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have s steel frame w/68mm bb. I have a campy triple with a phil wood
    110.5
    > campy bb. Can I replace the 110.5 bb with a phil wood 105 campy bb? rear spacing is 130.

    Probably. Is there room to move the right crank in another 2.5 or 3mm? That's the effect of going
    from 110.5 to 105. Note the tight spot is between the inner ring and the chainstay. Note also with a
    Phil you are able to adjust the BB position left or right a few millimeters if it isn't perfect. Do
    also sight the chainline by getting your head between the BB and the front hub. Sight along the edge
    of a chainring - you should be looking at the center cog of the cassette.