Campy triple cranks: Veloce vs. Centaur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Trent Gregory H

A quick question: Other than aesthetics, are there any significant differences, in performance or
durability, between Campy Veloce and Centaur triple cranks? Or more narrowly: Are there any
functional differences between the stamped alu chainrings that come stock with Veloce cranks and the
machined ones that come with Centaur?

Thanks,

Trent

believe it or not, stamped components /can/ have better mechanical properties than machined, but
accuracy is generally not as good.

you're not going to go far wrong either way. if you want to save a few bucks, get the veloce crank
but the centaur b/b.

jb

trent gregory hill wrote:
> A quick question: Other than aesthetics, are there any significant differences, in performance or
> durability, between Campy Veloce and Centaur triple cranks? Or more narrowly: Are there any
> functional differences between the stamped alu chainrings that come stock with Veloce cranks and
> the machined ones that come with Centaur?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Trent

trent gregory hill wrote:
> A quick question: Other than aesthetics, are there any significant differences, in performance or
> durability, between Campy Veloce and Centaur triple cranks?

I looked into this when choosing my triple chainset, and besides finish, I haven't found any
evidence or opinions that there is any difference at all between Mirage, Veloce and Centaur
crank arms.

> Or more narrowly: Are there any functional differences between the stamped alu chainrings that
> come stock with Veloce cranks and the machined ones that come with Centaur?

Centaur rings are said to last longer but Veloce rings work and last very well in my experience.
Certainly do /look/ a bit cheap though.

~PB

Status
Not open for further replies.