Campy triple FD on MTB ??? Calling all experts !

Adam-from-SLO

Nov 30, 2003
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if a Campy triple FD( 10 speed) , when used with a SRAM trigger shifter will work or not ??? My set up would be a 34.9 clamp- bottom pull FD triple , SRAM trigger shifter, with chain ring sizes of 22-32-44 ..... or possibly 24-34-46 .......... compact crank/rings. Can anyone detect any incapatibility here ???

Thanks in Advance. :D

Adam-from-SLO said:
Hello All,

Can anyone tell me if a Campy triple FD( 10 speed) , when used with a SRAM trigger shifter will work or not ??? My set up would be a 34.9 clamp- bottom pull FD triple , SRAM trigger shifter, with chain ring sizes of 22-32-44 ..... or possibly 24-34-46 .......... compact crank/rings. Can anyone detect any incapatibility here ???

Thanks in Advance. :D
The Capacity (23T) and Max chainring (53t) would pass for this to work , but I think that Min chainring (30T) is were you will be running into problems (your using what, a 22 T?) - try it, it just might work!

Just out of curiosity, why the road FD on a MTB?

sir.crashalot said:
The Capacity (23T) and Max chainring (53t) would pass for this to work , but I think that Min chainring (30T) is were you will be running into problems (your using what, a 22 T?) - try it, it just might work!

Just out of curiosity, why the road FD on a MTB?

If I did a 24-34-46 ring size = 22T capacity difference !

I ended up going with a XTR 752 standard front der.(given I have a standard sizing crankset/rings) !

I was seriously considering doing the Campy(volece, daytona, whatever) triple FD , simply because I am a Campy fan boy + I like to be the first(one of the first) to attempt going against the grain a bit. ;) :D