Campy Ultra Torque BB bearings

Anthony Dunn

Guest
Good day everyone,

Can anyone please post the bearing part numbers for the Record UT BB?

Not the campy part numbers, but the part numbers used by the bearing
manufacturers.

Thanks in advance,

Anthony

> Can anyone please post the bearing part numbers for the Record UT BB?

I believe they are 6805N.

On Jun 22, 7:03 pm, Anthony Dunn <[email protected]> wrote:
> Good day everyone,
>
> Can anyone please post the bearing part numbers for the Record UT BB?
>
> Not the campy part numbers, but the part numbers used by the bearing
> manufacturers.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Anthony

I don't have the number either but same size as replacement bearings
for shimano and FSA. Phil Wood part number PWX-05..37mm OD, 25mm ID
and 7mm thickness.

Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 7:03 pm, Anthony Dunn <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Good day everyone,
> >
> > Can anyone please post the bearing part numbers for the Record UT BB?
> >
> > Not the campy part numbers, but the part numbers used by the bearing
> > manufacturers.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Anthony

> I don't have the number either but same size as replacement bearings
> for shimano and FSA. Phil Wood part number PWX-05..37mm OD, 25mm ID
> and 7mm thickness.

btw. do you have any suggestions on how to get an ultratorqe bearraing
of the axel?

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

On Jun 23, 8:03 am, Morten Reippuert Knudsen<[email protected]> wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 22, 7:03 pm, Anthony Dunn <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Good day everyone,

> > > Can anyone please post the bearing part numbers for the Record UT BB?

> > > Not the campy part numbers, but the part numbers used by the bearing
> > > manufacturers.

> > > Thanks in advance,

> > > Anthony

> > I don't have the number either but same size as replacement bearings
> > for shimano and FSA. Phil Wood part number PWX-05..37mm OD, 25mm ID
> > and 7mm thickness.

> btw. do you have any suggestions on how to get an ultratorqe bearraing
> of the axel?
>
> --
> Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>
>
> Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

Drive side held on with a c clip, left side just pressed on. Remove
clip and 'encourage' each off..headset fork crown race setting tool
will get them back on.

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 05:36:56 -0700, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> On Jun 22, 7:03 pm, Anthony Dunn <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Good day everyone,
>>
>> Can anyone please post the bearing part numbers for the Record UT BB?
>>
>> Not the campy part numbers, but the part numbers used by the bearing
>> manufacturers.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Anthony

> I don't have the number either but same size as replacement bearings for
> shimano and FSA. Phil Wood part number PWX-05..37mm OD, 25mm ID and 7mm
> thickness.

Thanks, that will point me in the right direction. On my frame, the BB
shell seems to retain water, and the bearings are not sounding so smooth.

Shadow wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 05:36:56 -0700, Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:
>
>> On Jun 22, 7:03 pm, Anthony Dunn <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Good day everyone,
>>>
>>> Can anyone please post the bearing part numbers for the Record UT BB?
>>>
>>> Not the campy part numbers, but the part numbers used by the bearing
>>> manufacturers.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>> Anthony

>> I don't have the number either but same size as replacement bearings for
>> shimano and FSA. Phil Wood part number PWX-05..37mm OD, 25mm ID and 7mm
>> thickness.

> Thanks, that will point me in the right direction. On my frame, the BB
> shell seems to retain water, and the bearings are not sounding so smooth.

drill the bb. it's harmless to the frame and greatly beneficial to your
spindle bearings.

On Jun 23, 5:35 pm, jim beam <[email protected]> wrote:
> Shadow wrote:

> >> I don't have the number either but same size as replacement bearings for
> >> shimano and FSA. Phil Wood part number PWX-05..37mm OD, 25mm ID and 7mm
> >> thickness.

> > Thanks, that will point me in the right direction. On my frame, the BB
> > shell seems to retain water, and the bearings are not sounding so smooth.

> drill the bb. it's harmless to the frame and greatly beneficial to your
> spindle bearings.

That reminds me - I've got a NOS (early '90s) lugged Coulumbus SL
Guerciotti frame on its way that I'm going to put 2007 Veloce on. The
BB shell has a huge star-shaped (Guerciotti's logo) cutout. Should I
put an old-style plastic sleeve on the spindle, or are the spindle
halves and hirth joint unaffected by external dust?

Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:

> > btw. do you have any suggestions on how to get an ultratorqe bearraing
> > of the axel?

> Drive side held on with a c clip, left side just pressed on. Remove
> clip and 'encourage' each off..headset fork crown race setting tool
> will get them back on.

I know about that part. However mine seems to be stuck on the axel?

I'm a bit disapointet, my old Chorus BB is still silky smooth after 11
years without maitanance the seals are still holding up. The seal
of my ultratorqe seems to be gone after only 8 months and i need to
replace the bearrings..

--

On Jun 24, 1:31 am, Morten Reippuert Knudsen<[email protected]> wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > btw. do you have any suggestions on how to get an ultratorqe bearraing
> > > of the axel?

> > Drive side held on with a c clip, left side just pressed on. Remove
> > clip and 'encourage' each off..headset fork crown race setting tool
> > will get them back on.

> I know about that part. However mine seems to be stuck on the axel?
>
> I'm a bit disapointet, my old Chorus BB is still silky smooth after 11
> years without maitanance the seals are still holding up. The seal
> of my ultratorqe seems to be gone after only 8 months and i need to
> replace the bearrings..
>
> --
> Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>
>
> Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

Well, UT, along with all the external bearing BBs answered no
question, solved no problem with respect to square taper BBs. It was
an engineering solution to a marketing problem..how to sell square
taper cranks and BBs after shimano and FSA introduced outboard
bearings. THOSE to solve problems with octalink and ISIS, not square
taper.

Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > Drive side held on with a c clip, left side just pressed on. Remove
> > > clip and 'encourage' each off..headset fork crown race setting tool
> > > will get them back on.

> > I know about that part. However mine seems to be stuck on the axel?
> >
> > I'm a bit disapointet, my old Chorus BB is still silky smooth after 11
> > years without maitanance the seals are still holding up. The seal
> > of my ultratorqe seems to be gone after only 8 months and i need to
> > replace the bearrings..
> >
> > --
> > Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>
> >
> > Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

> Well, UT, along with all the external bearing BBs answered no
> question, solved no problem with respect to square taper BBs. It was
> an engineering solution to a marketing problem..how to sell square
> taper cranks and BBs after shimano and FSA introduced outboard
> bearings. THOSE to solve problems with octalink and ISIS, not square
> taper.

I agre, however my Chorus CT 07 flexes significantly less than my
trusty old Record 98 on a Chorus 98 BB. I don't know if its the
oversize BB, the crankset itself or the chainrings. I tend to think
its the chainrings.

Did you have a solution for bearrings stuck on the axel?

--

On Jun 24, 7:14 am, Morten Reippuert Knudsen<[email protected]> wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I know about that part. However mine seems to be stuck on the axel?

> > > I'm a bit disapointet, my old Chorus BB is still silky smooth after 11
> > > years without maitanance the seals are still holding up. The seal
> > > of my ultratorqe seems to be gone after only 8 months and i need to
> > > replace the bearrings..

> > > --
> > > Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

> > > Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

> > Well, UT, along with all the external bearing BBs answered no
> > question, solved no problem with respect to square taper BBs. It was
> > an engineering solution to a marketing problem..how to sell square
> > taper cranks and BBs after shimano and FSA introduced outboard
> > bearings. THOSE to solve problems with octalink and ISIS, not square
> > taper.

> I agre, however my Chorus CT 07 flexes significantly less than my
> trusty old Record 98 on a Chorus 98 BB. I don't know if its the
> oversize BB, the crankset itself or the chainrings. I tend to think
> its the chainrings.
>
> Did you have a solution for bearrings stuck on the axel?
>
> --
> Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>
>
> Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

Maybe a Park CRP-1 Crown Race Puller? Just a guess.

Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Maybe a Park CRP-1 Crown Race Puller? Just a guess.

Looks like it could do the work, however 120$ seems a bit steep, i'd
rather pay my local LBS to change be bearrings.

--
Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

On Jun 24, 12:32 pm, Morten Reippuert Knudsen<[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hank Wirtz <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Maybe a Park CRP-1 Crown Race Puller? Just a guess.

> Looks like it could do the work, however 120$ seems a bit steep, i'd
> rather pay my local LBS to change be bearrings.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was suggesting they'd use. :)

On Jun 24, 8:14 am, Morten Reippuert Knudsen<[email protected]> wrote:
> Qui si parla Campagnolo <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > I know about that part. However mine seems to be stuck on the axel?

> > > I'm a bit disapointet, my old Chorus BB is still silky smooth after 11
> > > years without maitanance the seals are still holding up. The seal
> > > of my ultratorqe seems to be gone after only 8 months and i need to
> > > replace the bearrings..

> > > --
> > > Morten Reippuert Knudsen :) <http://blog.reippuert.dk>

> > > Merlin Works CR-3/2.5 & Campagnolo Chorus 2007.

> > Well, UT, along with all the external bearing BBs answered no
> > question, solved no problem with respect to square taper BBs. It was
> > an engineering solution to a marketing problem..how to sell square
> > taper cranks and BBs after shimano and FSA introduced outboard
> > bearings. THOSE to solve problems with octalink and ISIS, not square
> > taper.

> I agre, however my Chorus CT 07 flexes significantly less than my
> trusty old Record 98 on a Chorus 98 BB. I don't know if its the
> oversize BB, the crankset itself or the chainrings. I tend to think
> its the chainrings.

Well, the chainrings are the same..'testing' shows that some cranks
that 'some' riders say are stiffer than others show they really
aren't, like all the FSA carbons when compared to Campag aluminum/
square taper and shimano aluminum 2 piece("ride mag test).