Campy Ultra Torque Crankset w/9spd chain?

billb

Guest
Can I run a Campy Ultra Torque crankset with a 9spd chain? Are the
Ultra Troque units very narrow on their spacing between the rings?
Best,
Bill Black

On Jun 2, 6:14 pm, billb <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can I run a Campy Ultra Torque crankset with a 9spd chain? Are the
> Ultra Troque units very narrow on their spacing between the rings?
> Best,
> Bill Black

Ring spacing and tooth width are the same. The difference is extra
material between rings to prevent the narrow 10-speed chain from
skating between the rings during a bad shift. Should work fine.

billb wrote:
> Can I run a Campy Ultra Torque crankset with a 9spd chain? Are the
> Ultra Troque units very narrow on their spacing between the rings?

Sure, no issues despite "buy all our new stuff together" admonishments.
--
Andrew Muzi
<www.yellowjersey.org/>

On Jun 2, 7:14 pm, billb <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can I run a Campy Ultra Torque crankset with a 9spd chain? Are the
> Ultra Troque units very narrow on their spacing between the rings?
> Best,
> Bill Black

Like Andy said, in spite of certain website 'experts' that wish you to
buy everything 10s.