Campy Veloce vs. Shimano 105

Evo said:
I'm about to purchase a new bike in the next couple of weeks to upgrade from my grossly oversized Shogun Selectra. I'll probably be using it for commuting and maybe some inter-service sport comps (road, tri, etc) as I'm in the Army.

First question: Is there any definate advantages between veloce/105, bearing in mind the 'all round' use I want out of this bike.

Second Question: I've found some pf the frontrunners in the $2k ballpark figure. What are peoples' opinions on them.
1. Trek 1400 w/105
2. Bianchi w/veloce
3. Cannondale R700 (2002 model) w/105 & 'dale chainrings/cranks

Your thoughts are most appreciated.

Evo
:) Forget about the bikes you llisted. Here's the best deal of the CENTURY. Go to Coloradocyclist.com and purchase a fully carbon Douglas Matrix equipped with ALL Shimano Ultgra grouppo (crank, f/r derailleurs, breaks, shifters, cassette, chain), great wheels/tires, seat post and saddle for: $1799.00. That's right, $1,799. It can't be beat anywhere in the US. You can purchase the shame bike with Dura Ace grouppo for $2,199.00. Unbelievable!! I'm not a saleman or work for Colorado Cycllist, I'm just know a deal when I see one.

flashturner said:
:) Forget about the bikes you llisted. Here's the best deal of the CENTURY. Go to Coloradocyclist.com and purchase a fully carbon Douglas Matrix equipped with ALL Shimano Ultgra grouppo (crank, f/r derailleurs, breaks, shifters, cassette, chain), great wheels/tires, seat post and saddle for: $1799.00. That's right, $1,799. It can't be beat anywhere in the US. You can purchase the shame bike with Dura Ace grouppo for $2,199.00. Unbelievable!! I'm not a saleman or work for Colorado Cycllist, I'm just know a deal when I see one.
Hi ho, my good man, can I get a Russian bride and a large sum of money from Nigeria with that bike?

artemidorus said:
Hi ho, my good man, can I get a Russian bride and a large sum of money from Nigeria with that bike?
You can only get a Russian bride and a large sum of money from Nigeria with the bike on Thursdays.:)