Campy Wheels - No Shimano Hub Anymore!

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
What happened to Campagnolo wheels? They no longer make wheels with a Shimano hub! Since when did this happen? Back in 2005 I got a Campy Eurus with Shimano hub wheels. I was thinking of getting a new commuter bike and would have put Campy Scirocco wheels on it since they look so cool but they aren't Shimano hub capable!

Is there a way to get a new 2011 Campy wheel working with a Shimano 10 speed drivetrain? I couldn't find a campy hub cassette with Shimano Splines...

That is a shame. Probably not enough people knew you could get HG compatible versions of Campag wheels (a marketing issue perhaps?) and so not enough were sold to make it worthwhile.
In any case Campagnolo still have Fulcrum as their dedicated wheel brand which serves both types of cassettes.

The complete solution would be to get the right freehub body / cassette carrier.
Found one here:

http://www.amazon.com/Campagnolo-10-Speed-Road-Bicycle-FreeHub/dp/B001FIMZOU

Other better known bike webshops have links to the item so there may be some still kicking around.

That Amazon Freehub is unavailable! Many sites with that Shimano freehub list it as out of stock!

Campagnolo makes beautiful wheels that have a cool spoke pattern. According to their website they make wheels of both cassette versions, but all I see on websites is Campy wheels with only a Campy hub! Only older 2009 & back wheels have a Shimano Freehub.

I emailed Campy about this problem. I looked for a way to email Campy and they had a HR email, so I tried that.